Westchester, IL

Westchester Intermediate School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
We were new to the school this year and was hesitant at first coming from a catholic school to a public school. My daughter had some learning issues and thought going to public school would be better. With the help of Ms. Tomczyk, and her special needs coordinator we have improved significantly. I'm so happy with the transition and she has made great progress thanks to all the added help and attention. Ms. Koney who's son has is such a great teacher as well. My son is doing great in her class and has adapted to the new school. There are some improvements to be made like any school has and with the new leadership at the school I feel we will get there.

Westchester Intermediate School 1

Posted August 09, 2011
I can not say strongly enough what a horrible experience our son had at this school. He had an young inexperienced 3rd grade teacher who had 5 kids removed from her class in one year. Between the young teacher, new principal, and joke of a special needs coordinator our son was not given the assistance he needed. We have had to pay privately for services the district should have provided. They seemed to always be concerned with what was easiest for the district regardless of if it was best for our son. They are very slow with answering questions and providing information. When we asked for paperwork regarding our son, there were other children's information mixed in our son's file. In our experience with 4 children, this school is for average kids. If you have an exceptionally bright child they can easily end up with an inexperienced teacher who doesn't recognize them. Or if you have a struggling child, they can get lost in the poor quality and slow moving the special needs department. Go somewhere else!!!

Westchester Intermediate School 3

Posted February 19, 2011
We've had three children attend this school. I will say it is very hit or miss. One of our kids a great 4th grade teacher who really made a connection. We saw an improvement in grades and attitude toward school. Another kid had a 3rd grade teacher who's head was in the clouds. It was a horrible year. We were not impressed with how the new principal has handled a few issues.

Westchester Intermediate School 5

Posted January 21, 2011
My daughter started this school this year (5th grade). She came from a Catholic school in which she attended since Kindergarten. She always struggled with her grades in math and her previous school was fast paced. At WIS, she has mostly As and a few Bs and even made the honor roll. She loves this school and loves her teacher!!

Westchester Intermediate School 5

Posted May 12, 2005
My son is graduating from 5th grade this year and he has had great experiances and very helpful teachers at this school. He's a straight A student ad I give a lot of that credit to the education he has received here in Westchester!

Westchester Intermediate School 3

Posted June 29, 2004

Westchester Intermediate School
10900 Canterbury Street, Westchester, IL  60154
Last modified Westchester Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westchester Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top