Wheaton, IL
Students enrolled: 2,193

Posted April 25, 2013
It's only later in life that you appreciate your education. Because I graduated from a school like Wheaton North doors opened for me. The town and school has a great reputation and with it comes the expectation that you do well. I was well prepared for college, and being from Wheaton and graduating from Wheaton North helped me get jobs in my profession. Geat school.

Wheaton North High School 1

Posted September 06, 2012
Poor school. Teachers show favoritism beyond anything I've ever seen. Very communistic...kids are chosen for awards by other kids rather than by accomplishments, leading to one popularity contest after another. Even at the graduation ceremony, the valedictorian wasn't even acknowledged...the speaker was chosen by the class. Ridiculous. Teachers assign tons of "busy" work (my child routinely had 3 hours of homework a night) , so some of the parents are fooled into thinking the kids are learning a lot. Not the case.

Posted February 13, 2012
One of the best high schools in the state of Illinois. Tremendous school and community spirit and pride, strong leadership, very quality and highly trained staff, wonderful arts, music and sports programs. North has had profound and positive impact on my daughter's development.

Wheaton North High School 3

Posted March 19, 2011
My son attended WHNS graduating 2008. He did not have behavior problems and while the school has its problems with drug and gangs like any other public school, I feel he received n education that adequately prepared him for college. He will be a graduate of BIOLA UNIV. Class of '12 and plans to pursue a career in education. Become intvolved in their child's education and encourge them to particicate in sports and clubs. It's not the schools responsibility to know and monitor students. Parental involvement can make a huge difference.

Posted January 31, 2011
i attend WNHS from 2001 till 2005 and my sister before me was 1997-2002. the teachers were great, harsh but great. if you were interested in getting a passing grade they helped but if you told them that you didn't care and youd didn't want their help they would respect that. its not the teachers who fail the students. they fail them selves. WNHS is great and i hope to send my kids there if we arer still living in the area when they are of age.

Wheaton North High School 1

Posted January 13, 2011
My daughter tattends WNHS after leaving Monroe in Wheaton, we are originally from CPS. I feel th eonly waya child will receive a good education and caring atmosphere at this school is if that student does not have any behaivor issues at all. If your child has behavior issues he/she will be black balled and thrown into Special Ed with the attitude that if he he/she is accused of anything he/she most definitely did it and we be given weekend detentions ergardless of the situation and be careful of weekned detentions your children may not be supervised by an adult. In 2009 I went to pick my daughter up and she was roaming the halls aith all the other kids that were assigend weekend detention. WNHS's answer was the teachers got their schedules mixed up and 1 thought the other 1 would be supervising-this could have led to disaster considering there were unsupervised teenagers left to roam around the school. WNHS shows troubled teens that you are here only because the law says you have to be so shut up and go to detention!!!!!

Wheaton North High School 4

Posted December 10, 2010
It's really not a bad school. I have gone there for the past four years and I haven't had many problems. Most of the teachers are supportive and encouraging but only if you want to succeed. I have not found that many teachers pick favorites. School spirit could be increased, but that's about it. It's a high school, so you can't expect anything too out of the ordinary, but I have definitely enjoyed my last four years.

Wheaton North High School 0

Posted March 13, 2010
This school is cruel. The teachers don't seem to care if their students are failing even when they ask for help. They have a bias opinion on which students get what grades. Several of my teachers pick a choose favorites.

Wheaton North High School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
Wheaton North has evolved into a Best of Class High School Educational environment. Education is prioritized on a campus which has state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor training and varsity programs. AP courses abound, with credentialed teachers. My own daughter entered college with 20 college credits.

Posted July 28, 2008
We moved from another suburb and enrolled my 4 children at WNHS . My kids who are now all professionals had gotten an excellent eduacation and made many friendships. Yes maybe there were one or two teachers that were mentioned as being not likable. but they were prepared for the world and all are doing well.

Wheaton North High School
Falcon Way, Wheaton, IL  60187
Last modified Wheaton North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheaton North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top