Bloomington, IN

Templeton Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Templeton is a great school! Everyone demonstrates that they really care about each individual child and have each child's best interest at heart. Mr. Carver (the new principal) is wonderful and demonstrates his involvement in each child's love for learning. My son Kindergarten teacher not only teaches the curriculum she also teaches life's lessons throughout the year. What this school really need to improve is the parent involvement in the activities; other than that I am very pleased withTempleton Elementary! Way To Go Tigers.

Templeton Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2013
Their academic revel is so poor. Our child was bullied at this school and the teacher could not fix it so we decided to move out from this district.

Posted August 26, 2013
Templeton is a wonderful school. My son loves going there. The teachers and staff strive to offer the best educational learning environment possible, while making learning entertaining and enjoyable for the students. The resources available for children with learning disabilities are amazing! This is a very caring environment.

Templeton Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
We moved to Bloomington 8 years ago and we have four children. Child 1 - Grades 4-6, Child 2 - Grades 2-6, Child 3 - Grades K-6 (current student), Child 4 - Grades K-3 (current student). We have covered every grade in those 8 years, have had many different teachers and thankfully several repeats from amazing educators!! We are on our fourth principal which is definitely tough for any school but I have to say that the last three (including the new one this year) have been really great administrators and they have done their best to make Templeton thrive. It's not easy with the vast diversity that typifies Templeton but actually that's why we knew it would be good for our kids to attend there. We love for them to have friends from all over the world and for them to learn how to handle many different personalities and different socio-economic backgrounds. The teachers at Templeton work VERY hard to make it a great place of learning and many have been there a long time. We have loved the opportunity for looping classes as well. Templeton gets a bad rap a lot of times from people who have not experienced what a great place it is. It's not perfect, but neither are the rest!

Posted August 26, 2013
My oldest has been going to Templeton since 2006, and this school just keeps getting better and better. The leadership has changed for various reasons, yet there are always adults in place who strive to meet the needs of this very challenging population (50% are on free and reduced lunches.) What I love the most is the true, family environment. The staff and teachers seem to learn the names of every kid. Templeton has the most diverse student population of any elementary school in this town, which I appreciate. I want my children to grow up with this experience. Even if I had the choice to send my kids to a private school or to a different elementary school, I would still choose Templeton.

Posted October 29, 2012
We moved here in the spring of 2012 Our son just loves this school his teacher and his classmates.Templeton has made a difficult situation a pleasurable experience.

Templeton Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2010
I suspect most of these reviews are written by someone other than a non teacher parent. Grammar correctness, highly inflated reviews. Myself, I am considering legal action against this school. Unaddressed bullieing, total unprofessionalism, sexism, etc. Where did they find these people that do every thing but teach. Egomaniacle, liberalists that even admitted sexism to me!! And the list goes on, I have talked to other parents with all having shockingly similar experiences.

Posted December 04, 2010
My daughter has been at Templeton for over 4 years and I am so happy I decided to send her to Templeton. I was looking for a school that was more diverse (which is harder to find in places like Bloomington) and that focused on the whole child, not just test scores and academics. I am an education researcher and know that while I could have afforded to send her to schools like Child's, she would have had a very different educational experience. If you are like me and want your children in a racially and economically diverse school with a holistic approach to learning and invested teachers, this is the place!!!

Templeton Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
The principal, teachers and staff are hardworking and genuinely care about the kids.

Templeton Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2010

Templeton Elementary School
1400 South Brenda Avenue, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Templeton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Templeton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top