Bad
Good

I taught music at Templeton for 24 great years. I always felt that I was part of a great community of students and professionals who worked very hard to give kids a rich, thorough and meaningful education. Early in my career I coined a phrase which became our school motto: "Templeton, a place where kids want to be." This has been modified over the years, but it is still true.

Templeton elementary school in Bloomington is an engaging, open minded and diverse school with many great programs to enhance your child's education. We love it!

We chose to transfer to Templeton after hearing wonderful things, and we are so glad we did. I cannot say enough good things about this school, the principal, and the teachers we have encountered. The school is diverse on many levels, and the Multi-Age classes (which my child is enrolled in) are simply top notch, with the children being physically active and involved in music (outside of simply the Music special time), their creativity is constantly being challenged and stimulated, and they are of course, being taught the necessary traditional 3 R's. The school is becoming an IB School, and in my opinion, is incredibly progressive. Highly recommend.

Templeton is a great school! Everyone demonstrates that they really care about each individual child and have each child's best interest at heart. Mr. Carver (the new principal) is wonderful and demonstrates his involvement in each child's love for learning. My son Kindergarten teacher not only teaches the curriculum she also teaches life's lessons throughout the year. What this school really need to improve is the parent involvement in the activities; other than that I am very pleased withTempleton Elementary! Way To Go Tigers.

Their academic revel is so poor. Our child was bullied at this school and the teacher could not fix it so we decided to move out from this district.

Templeton is a wonderful school. My son loves going there. The teachers and staff strive to offer the best educational learning environment possible, while making learning entertaining and enjoyable for the students. The resources available for children with learning disabilities are amazing! This is a very caring environment.

We moved to Bloomington 8 years ago and we have four children. Child 1 - Grades 4-6, Child 2 - Grades 2-6, Child 3 - Grades K-6 (current student), Child 4 - Grades K-3 (current student). We have covered every grade in those 8 years, have had many different teachers and thankfully several repeats from amazing educators!! We are on our fourth principal which is definitely tough for any school but I have to say that the last three (including the new one this year) have been really great administrators and they have done their best to make Templeton thrive. It's not easy with the vast diversity that typifies Templeton but actually that's why we knew it would be good for our kids to attend there. We love for them to have friends from all over the world and for them to learn how to handle many different personalities and different socio-economic backgrounds. The teachers at Templeton work VERY hard to make it a great place of learning and many have been there a long time. We have loved the opportunity for looping classes as well. Templeton gets a bad rap a lot of times from people who have not experienced what a great place it is. It's not perfect, but neither are the rest!

My oldest has been going to Templeton since 2006, and this school just keeps getting better and better. The leadership has changed for various reasons, yet there are always adults in place who strive to meet the needs of this very challenging population (50% are on free and reduced lunches.) What I love the most is the true, family environment. The staff and teachers seem to learn the names of every kid. Templeton has the most diverse student population of any elementary school in this town, which I appreciate. I want my children to grow up with this experience. Even if I had the choice to send my kids to a private school or to a different elementary school, I would still choose Templeton.

We moved here in the spring of 2012 Our son just loves this school his teacher and his classmates.Templeton has made a difficult situation a pleasurable experience.

I suspect most of these reviews are written by someone other than a non teacher parent. Grammar correctness, highly inflated reviews. Myself, I am considering legal action against this school. Unaddressed bullieing, total unprofessionalism, sexism, etc. Where did they find these people that do every thing but teach. Egomaniacle, liberalists that even admitted sexism to me!! And the list goes on, I have talked to other parents with all having shockingly similar experiences.

Last modified Templeton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.