School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Carmel Elementary opened its doors in 1961 as Carmel s second elementary school. Carmel Elementary, located at 101 4th Avenue SE, has a rich history in the heart of Carmel. Our school serves students from kindergarten through grade 5. We are a diverse community of learners with a wide range of backgrounds and income levels. Carmel Elementary is one of three Title One schools in Carmel and became eligible for federal funding during the 2002-2003 school year. Over one hundred students receive additional tutoring and small group help through this program. Gifted and talented services as well as special education services are offered to all qualifying students. Fifty-one students receive English as a New Language services. School facilities include: Traditional closed-concept school with twenty-four newly remodeled classrooms Large group instruction classroom, Media Center, computer lab, full service cafeteria and gymnasium, art and music classrooms Two outdoor enclosed courtyards Playground for school and community members Adjacent football and baseball fields All areas are handicap accessible
April 13, 2012

Posted February 26, 2014
Not having selected this school for my children but having the school selected for us (during a redistricting process) I transitioned with a negative attitude for myself (but put on a happy face for my kids.) I couldn't have been more wrong. CE was fantastic during the transition process (which was 2 years ago) and the caliber of teachers are amazing. They have an interest and really care about our kids, and it shows. During the transition year I had an issue going on at school and the principal was available to talk to and took immediate action on items that needed to be changed. She also included my child in the discussion as he was very hesitant because he didn't want anyone to 'get into trouble'. The school resource and school psychologist are very available and willing to help. So what I thought was going to be a 'bad thing' with the redistricting has turned into a wonderful POSITIVE.

Posted June 29, 2009
Moving here from Kentucky in the middle of the school year concerned me with my son. I knew the schools were ahead of KY's. He struggled at first but the teachers and admin really helped him catch up. He did not read full sentences nor perform math at any level. He was pretty well up to speed in two months and was above average by the end of the school year. I would highly recommend this school for any parent looking for the best for thier child.

Carmel Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2008
Good teachers. Involved parents. Administration is very unhelpfull. My daughters old school was better.

Posted May 12, 2008
My son attended Carmel for the 2006-2007 school year and the school, the staff and the principal were amazing. The principal is WONDERFUL. She knows almost all the children by name, is always warm and affectionate to them and her door is always open to parents. She takes the attitude that a child's education is a team effort from the school and the parents and the school is very inclusive of parents needs and keeps them well informed. The teachers are excellent, the parental involvement is very high and I cannot recommend this school enough!

Posted May 27, 2007
I continue to be impressed with the staff, students, creative environment and the quality of education my daughter has received at Carmel Elementary. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 24, 2007
The teachers are wonderful and so is the entire staff. There are high standards for the children and support to achieve them. The environment is warm and friendly. Through the use of e-mail, voice mail and meetings with his teachers, I feel very connected to what is going on in school.

Posted November 21, 2004

Carmel Elementary School
101 4th Avenue Southeast, Carmel, IN  46032
Last modified Carmel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.