Charlestown, IN

Posted April 01, 2015
My son goes to PR, and I'm impressed with the staff. It is a very friendly school.

Posted April 01, 2015
You can tell Pleasant Ridge is a friendly school by walking in the door. They show they care about students, and that's what makes them an excellent school.

Posted February 24, 2009
We love this school!! The principal and Faculty are 'Loving Yet Stern'. They know what they're doing and do it extremely well! They've helped my 4th grader through some difficult social issues and always been there 100% for him!! Both children are at the top of their class as both parents are involved daily with their studies and progress. Parents Must Be Involved - Thank You Pleasant Ridge; Keep Up the Good Work!! A Very pleased Parent

Pleasant Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2009
They have first graders fly through all kinds of math subjects without really touching any of it. They are doing a horrible job, with horrible materials. One day the kids come home with fractions homework(yes fractions in first grade) and then the next day they come home with probabilities homework. So basically they are teaching them a whole lot of nothing. They should try concentrating on the basics and then go to fractions!! and probabilities!!! I mean who chooses the books anyways? Popeye? Someone needs to wake up and take control of this chaos.

Posted December 04, 2008
This school is a wonderful place to walk into. The teachers are welcoming and caring. The principal supports her staff and loves the studnets that attend the school. Everyone at the school put the kids first. They do what they can to help them learn and make good choices. I feel that when it comes to education, it has to be supported at home as well. Parents need to work with their childs teacher to make learning a success.

Posted December 03, 2008
I believe that the books they choose are badly chosen, they choose their instructional methods depending on what grant they can get with no regard to what it is doing to the kids' education. Their communication with the parents is the worst I have seen or heard of. The principal is either inexperienced or unsuitable and they seem to make the mistake of choosing young teachers for the first years of education a lot. first through third grade are the basic skill grades and I do not want some young teacher playing touch and go with my kid's education. Some changes really need to happen here.

Posted February 28, 2008
4 Kids through this school. New teachers all the time lacking the skills of which child needs what. The older teachers here are great, strict, and teach the children well. Hope for a seasoned teacher.

Posted August 23, 2007
I am disappointed with this school s curriculum. I don t feel my kids are getting the education they need and are really falling behind compared to other kids from other schools that we know. I think that they are trying to focus just on the areas where the school is lacking and leaving everything else out. There is no balance. There are some teachers there that have absolutely no control over the kids and my daughter would come home with headaches all the time because her class was so loud. The kids that attend this school are going to suffer greatly from lack of a good education which is exactly why we are moving as soon as possible!

Posted November 02, 2006
I have 1 son still attending PR and 1 who recently left for middle school. I feel PR principle is lacking in tolerance. The teachers are wonderful and work well with the limited space and resources available to them at this time. Overcrowding is becoming a serious issue and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Posted August 31, 2006
I feel mixed about my children attending this school. I have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader whom attend here. While there are lots of extra activities for the children, I feel most school work is sent for homework so that the school day can be more fun. I agree with the playground situation. This is something to be dealt with.

Pleasant Ridge Elementary School
1250 Monroe Street, Charlestown, IN  47111
Last modified Pleasant Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top