PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 24, 2014
I love this school and so do my children. They have wonderful teachers and staff that genuinely care about your child and their education. They are like an extension of your family. If you ever need anything they always go above and beyond to help. I think it is well worth the money. Even if you are not Catholic you should consider this school. They are a great school with Indiana DOE four star accreditation!

Posted November 08, 2011
As an all-around education institution, I think our children are getting an excellent education. They receive high-quality education in faith, values and morals right along side math, science and English. Test scores are great, but so is the level of respect. Make no mistake, though St. Pat's is a Catholic school, it's not a "private" school. Those seeking the stature of such a school might do better elsewhere, as all children and all families are equal at St. Pat's... And equally welcome!

Saint Patrick School 1

Posted April 07, 2011
There are some unqualified and uncertified people in teaching and administrative positions. ISTEP scores are high, but is it because of the quality of the education, or is it because the children come from families that value education? On a report card rating system, overall score would be a D. There are double standards. Students are held to high standards, and detentions are daily. Teachers and administrators do not seem to have any consequences for their actions.

Posted January 18, 2011
Our Children have been at St. Pats for 6 years and the education and teachers are tremendous! The curriculum is a grade level ahead of public schools, and thus provides a challenging environment that is not for everyone; however it is one that promotes a learning and disiplined environment. Teacher tenure is very long, providing a solid track record. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to parents whose children are self-starters and motivated to learn. While not equiped as well as publicly funded schools, the teaching staff and involved parents easily make up the difference. Tuition is ridicuoulsy low! ISSTEP scores have led the state [public or private] for several years running.

Posted May 04, 2010
I have four children who have attended St. Patrick s school since pre-school. I am thankful for the religion my children are learning at St. Patrick s School. My family is more religious since my children attend this school and I am thankful that religion is part of their everyday lives. St. Patrick s School is very challenging academically and my children are developing a strong work ethic. Students here learn responsibility and leadership as well. St. Patrick School is a great school!

Posted April 27, 2010
St. Patrick is a wonderful educational and spiritual learning environment for our children! Teachers can be seen welcoming the younger students with big hugs upon arrival. I know that these educators truly care about our children and that the students are not only receiving an excellent education but a solid foundation for their Faith. My children in High School have thanked me for sending them to St. Patrick. Their success, academically, spiritually and socially is why I support the Catholic Education provided at St. Patrick and why I am confident my younger children will reap the same benefits. Thank you St. Pats!!

Posted April 25, 2010
We chose St. Patrick's school because we believe that your faith is something that should be part of your life all day, every day. We have been extremely pleased with the school. It has surpassed our expectations. The students there excel academically. They have many opportunities outside of the classroom - academically, physically, and spiritually. Faith is definitely a part of daily lives and is woven through the fabric of the school day. To our surprise, it is also a very family orientated school. There are several social events throughout the year that families are a part of. The older kids do activities with the younger kids, which develops a sense of family within the school and just develops the older child in a very well-rounded way. There are fund-raising responsibilities for the parents, but it helps to connect all the parents and develops very much a sense of community.

Posted April 23, 2010
My daughter loves her teachers and the attention she is given from start to finish. Her skills have grown tremendously and she continues to amaze us with the work she is doing and what she learns.

Posted April 23, 2010
My children attend St. Patrick school and love it. We are very happy with the decision we have made to send our children. We value a Catholic education. The test scores are high and the staff is very helpful. My husband and I are teachers and feel that faith is extremely important for our children.

Saint Patrick School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
Great school. Like posted before, lots of homework but the results speak for themselves. Many after school activities to get involved in such as cross country, volleyball, basketball, soccer, scouts, brownies, etc.

640 North Calumet Road, Chesterton, IN  46304
Last modified Saint Patrick School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.