PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

I have two children that go to Chesterton Montessori. At first I was very hesitant of my child sharing a classroom with different age groups, but I really like how they learn from each other and are taught to collaborate and help each other. Both of our are kids are advanced in reading, spelling, and math. The school does participate in standardized testing so we are able to measure our kids academically. Many of the sixth grade students tested "post high school level" on testing. Montessori method teaches independence from an early age and the children have a big part of helping with the school. They respect each other in the classroom. Teachers welcome parent involvement in the classroom. Both of our children love to go school and LOVE to learn!!

My child attends this school and I can't say enough good about it. The children here are 1 in a million with their ability to respect, help and learn from each other, all learned through the montessori philosophy. The children are encouraged to be self motivated and given freedom within boundaries. My child who is advanced for his age would be bored in public school or would have to skip a grade, here at montessori he is able to work a grade ahead of the other children while still being in class with his peers. Montessori nurtures the whole child, seeing that each child has their strong points academically and socially. These children are being taught life lessons so young, that sadly some adults still need. The tools from which the children learn are rich and they allow the child to really grasp the concepts beyond the public school touch and go method. I highly recommend this school to anyone who values education. My child would go to school 7 days a week all year. For him, learning is fun and that's the way it should be!

I have three children enrolled in this school and I absolutly love it. My children has loved it from the start and the teachers are excellent. I feel that this is a wonderful environment for a child to learn in and only wish that all children had an opportunity to experience the Montessori curriculum as my children have.

I was a parent of two children at this school. The tuition is the highest around. I do not mind paying for quality education. However, after 4 years at this school, and being told that my daughter was doing well, i had her tested, and she was well behind where she should have been. I can't tell you how much money i spent to get her caught up with other programs. She is now doing very well academically, no thanks to this school. As long as they get your check, they don't seems to care about where your children are academically. It's a glorified day care center.

My daughter attended the school for 2 years and loved it was the right school for her she is a self starter and highly motivated. My son on the otherhand went to the school for 2 years and at the end of the second year told me that the only way you can talk to the directress is to be bad so next year I am going to be bad when I talked to both the directress and administator about it they said that is was his fault and we needed to look for a new school. We love our new school.

Love this school. Our son attends and we are so impressed. Parent involvement is encouraged and the Administrator is 1 in a million! We have no complaints and look forward to many more years here. My son wishes he could go to school every day...that is how is should be!!!

Outstanding school with personal attention. Teachers truly care about each individual student. It is the gem in the otherwise public school mess that is Northwest Indiana.

I have two kids in this school and I am pleased with the organization of this school.

We have three children enrolled at Chesterton Montessori and are thoroughly pleased with their development. The directress has done an outstanding job for decades, and is well respected by the local education community. Great teacher and parent support. Highly recommended.

The directress is wonderful and embodies the spirit of the Montessori methods, but several of the teachers are refugees from the public system who have brought bad habits and sharp mannerswith them. My daughter attended for two long years of social ostracision and declining self esteem while being largely neglected academically by her teacher. We were encouraged to look into her apparent 'learning disability' and help her to 'toughen up' emotionally. She is now a thriving honor roll student at Liberty Intermediate. I regret that we did not decide to change schools a year earlier

Last modified Chesterton Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6