Posted August 11, 2014
My child was bullied at this school. He was left with black and blue and green bruises and I brought this to the attention of his teacher and the principal. Nothing was done! The principal even lied to me. She said she would ride on his school bus that day, I asked for her when the kids got off the bus at their bus stop...no principal, Karen Perkins! They only teach by "sight words" in kindergarten at Danville North Elementary. One of my children only learns words phonetically, but is advanced in all other subjects. They said he should be retained, and that they didn't need my permission to force him to repeat kindergarten. Bull! I had my child tutored over the summer, learning words phonetically, and had him independently evaluated by 2 Independent Resource Facilities. Both felt he was without a doubt 1st grade ready and that he just learns reading differently then how DNE was teaching! Everything is a battle with this school! And they love to point fingers at you...the parent. They say that they will call you, then they imply that you didn't call them? What? Yes, this is what you can expect from this school if your child isn't perfect.

Posted August 09, 2010
My child had an awful experience here. The curriculum is sub-par and discipline is a huge problem. The classes are too large and the younger teachers are not caring. We ended up leaving the district after only a few months because things were so bad. The other parents were as much of a problem as the staff. Be very careful if your child is prone to bullying because they are 'different' in any way because no one will help them.

North Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2010

North Elementary School 0

Posted March 28, 2010
I have 4 kids who have all went to North and did very well. My Sr and Jr daughters are taking AP college classes. Both of my sons are top of their class. I'd recommend this school to everyone.

Posted November 10, 2009
The school is HORRIBLE!!! The cirriculum is less then a Pre-K program, the staff, teachers - principal are completely clueless and very stand offish. The list goes on...

Posted May 10, 2008

Posted August 21, 2007
All around great school! Love it!

Posted September 10, 2005
This is a wonderful school! It is in a nice, small town so the parents are really involved. The grading scale is high, but the instruction is very good and my children are succeeding here.

North Elementary School
398 Urban Street, Danville, IN  46122
Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
North Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top