Kahler Middle School

Public | 5-8 | 1080 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 1, 2013

My school suck ! I hate it ! I wanna go to kahler middle school so bad ! But I can't cause my parents won't let me and I'm out state an I really want to to go that school but I guess I am not cause I am going to 8th grade and its my last year ! I wanna cry I just wanna go to that school so bad ! I love this school << kahler middle school !

Posted February 18, 2012

A Great School with complete teacher involvement including an easy Tutoring availability not just for struggling students and carries the National Junior Honors Society program that makes their students so much more than leaders.

Posted July 28, 2009

I'm going to be an 8th grader at Kahler and I love the school. The teachers and staff are amazing and I can't wait to go back!!!

Posted March 15, 2009

I go to Kahler Middle School and it is wonderful im in 6th grade and i love all of my teachers but some are very strict and mean but that is what we need to be a good satudent

Posted October 18, 2008

Most teachers are pretty nice; although, there are some that could be a little nicer.I learned how to properly punctuate the previous sentance at this school, so I am also getting a good education.

Posted July 15, 2008

this school is outstanding

Posted August 13, 2007

I was a student at kahler from 2004-2007. The school is great! But I do think that my last year at Kahler was the worst. The new principal was horrible. She didnt work with any of the 8th graders the assistant principal did and whenever she talked to the 8th grade or the whole school she would have something bad to say to us. I didnt enjoy my last year at kahler as much as i thought i would. So good luck with the principal. -alyssa

Posted November 4, 2005

I am a student of Kahler year 2005-2006. I am a 7th grader this year and love all of my teachers. I wouldn't recomened any other school to go to. My favorite teacher is Miss Moser(7th grade science and conflict revolution teacher).

Posted August 8, 2004

I went to kahler 2 years. All the teachers were really nice. They all helped me with all my homework. The principals were really nice and caring. If I had a problem they would help me with whatever I needed.

Posted June 5, 2004

I am not a parent, but I did go to Kalher for the 2002-2003 school year. I will say that Kalher was a great school and I miss it very much. When I first found out that I was going to go to Kalher I was nervus and I did not think that I would pass the seventh grade, but because of the excellent teachers and their teaching methods I passed with good grades. There are so many oppertunities for the students who do have trouble on tests and things to get help to understand it better. There are so many extracurricular activities so that a lot more students can participate in the fun of being on a team.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

232 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2013.

233 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 74% in 2013.

232 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+) assessment to test students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts and math, grades 4 and 6 in science, and in grades 5 and 7 in social studies. The ISTEP+ is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Indiana. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

262 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 74% in 2013.

n/a

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

n/a

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 69% in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 76% in 2013.

267 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

267 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 70% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the End-of-Course (ECA) assessment to test students in middle and high school in Algebra I, Biology I, and English 10. The ECA is a criterion-referenced assessment developed specifically for students completing their instruction in Algebra I, Biology I, or English 10. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISTEP and End of Course Assessment results.

2 This rating is based on 2011-12 and 2012-13 Median Growth Percentiles in Math and English Language Arts

Asian 4% 2%

Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 21%N/A46%
Special education 12%N/A14%
English learners 3%N/A5%
Source: IN Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

600 Joliet Street