No rating

Signature School Inc

Charter | 9-12 | 338 students

Living in Evansville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $153,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted December 13, 2012

Being a former student (I transfered out at the beginning of this year). Signature made me feel unintelligent. I was always told that I was very smart growing up, but at Sig I was at the bottom of my class and struggled to keep up. Also, Signature made me feel guilty for being a Christain. Signature is so liberal and the teachers (although many would deny it) force their opinions on you. If you aren't a very ademate liberal, and you don't want to be conformed, don't go to Signature. People always talk about Signature's "accepting enviroment" but I have so many more friends that eccepted me as a new student at my new school, while at Sig people always talked about me behind my back and spread rumors. But don't get me wrong, it is the right school for certain people, just be very careful when considering your High School.

Posted November 15, 2012

Signature is truly a remarkable place. As a student, choosing to attend Signature has prepared me for college and beyond. As a human being, Signature has changed my life--it was there that I developed a work ethic, met some of the most fantastic people I know, and found a home away from home where I felt accepted. The teachers are excellent and many have become my friends. I am lucky to walk Signature's halls each day.

Posted April 1, 2012

If you're willing to work hard and give up a lot of time, attending Signature will be a very rewarding experience. The school offers a dedicated body of students who both uplift and academically challenge one another, teachers who push the students to do their best, and courses that effectively prepare the students for college.

Posted May 18, 2010

This is a fantastic college prep school, as long as your child is willing to put forth the effort. The teachers are very knowledgeable, the staff is willing to do what it takes and this school offers opportunities that others simply can't match! There is no doubt your child will be prepared for college if they go here.

Posted May 2, 2009

I went here all four years and loved it. There's nowhere better for any student who really wants to grow. I felt so prepared for my college classes, which are actually quite a bit easier than some of the classes at Sig. Great school

Posted January 27, 2009

We moved to Evansville so our oldest could go to Signature. I, and my wife both transferred our jobs to the area because we so strongly believed that Signature would provide a 'leg up' for our children. Our oldest is now a senior, prepared to complete her four years with an IB diploma. Over 50 colleges have contacted her as a potential student. Our younger daughter has completed the first half of her freshman year, and has blossomed before our eyes, just as her sister did. Our youngest, and only son will start next year, and while they curriculum is rigorous, he can't wait. Neither can we, sending our kids to Sig may be the single best move we've made for them to date....

Posted January 15, 2009

When learning of my daughter's desire to become a part of the student body at Signature School, she and I discussed our excitement and fears of her leaving the local high school, during her sophomore year. Signature School seemed like a school for the 'rich' and 'elite'. Though there are students there of those backgrounds, there are also students as diverse yet all seeking the same advantage and desire to reach goals. A top notch education, respect among faculty, staff, students and peers. My daughter blossomed within weeks. Yes, there were high expectations, but the support and guidance from all areas was there for not only her, but myself. My daughter is now a student at the University of Evansville. She has wonderful memories of Signature School and never regretted changing schools mid year and the opportunities she gained while being a student there.

Posted November 19, 2008

Going to Signature really prepared me for college life! I really believe that my education at Signature will take me further in life!

Posted December 13, 2007

We are delighted that to have our child at Signature. The teaching is top-notch and the administration outstanding. There is an almost tangible energy in the school that translates into an excitement of learning. Students are motivated to learn and to take on new challenges. The school offers the high quality education seen in the nation's best schools within a small, family-like environment. How lucky Evansville is to have Sig.

Posted October 25, 2007

As a parent, I highly recommend Signature School. The environment is supportive be it between teacher/student or student/student. The students are expected to be respectful and responsible and the majority rise to the call. All faculty and staff know most every student - your child will not fall in the cracks at Signature. The guidance counselor is just exceptional in her abilities and concern for the students. The classes are advanced so your child should be prepared to work hard and may need your help with time management. Community service requirements will serve your child well. Extracurricular activities are varied: lifelong sports e.g., golf and tennis, along with language, community service, and academic clubs to name a few. This is a school in which you, the parent, will want to be actively involved.

Posted November 23, 2005

My daughter graduated from Signature School and was admitted to Yale University. She was very well prepared, and has done extremely well academically in college. She has fond memories of her experience at Sig School, and we are grateful that she was able to receive such a splendid education.

Posted January 17, 2005

Signature School is a wonderful place if you want your focus to be purely academics. The students safety is our principles number one priority. We have a very strong Advance Placement (AP) program and we are currently in the application process to become a part of the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. Many of the parents are involved in the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA). There are many extracurricular activities for students to be involved in including: Student Council, Key Club, Amnesty International, Community Problem Solving and many others. Every year Signature students complete several thousand hours of community service. All in all it is a wonderful place for truly driven students who love to learn.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 70% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 48% in 2013.

English

The state average for English was 76% in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the End-of-Course (ECA) assessment to test students in middle and high school in Algebra I, Biology I, and English 10. The ECA is a criterion-referenced assessment developed specifically for students completing their instruction in Algebra I, Biology I, or English 10. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".

Indiana uses the A through F School Grading System to assess the overall performance of a school. For the 2011-2012 school year, schools were graded based on performance and participation levels in state standardized tests and student growth using the Indiana Growth Model. In addition, high schools were graded on four-year (on-time) graduation rates and college and career readiness indicators including Advanced Placment exam results and industry certification exam results.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Starting College

How many graduates from this school ...

Enroll in college immediately after high school graduation1

Need remediation, or help strengthening basic skills2*

First year

How well prepared for college are these graduates?*

Average first year GPA (out of 4.0)2
2.6

Average number of units completed in first year2
Recommended load

Sticking with it

How many college-going students...*

Enroll in college for a second year3

State Average

1Source: Indiana Commission for Higher Education, Indiana Dept. of Education, National Student Clearinghouse, 2011-2012
2Source: Indiana Commission for Higher Education, Indiana Dept. of Education, 2011-2012
3Source: Indiana Commission for Higher Education, Indiana Dept. of Education, 2010-2011
* Of those that went to Indiana public postsecondary institutions

• Ms Vicki Snyder
Fax number
  • (812) 421-9189

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now