Fairland, IN

Triton Central High School 1

Posted April 04, 2014
This is the 11th school that I've been to, and definitely the worst. The classes are WAY behind. A lab that we are currently doing in biology, I already did two years ago at a middle school in another state. The average test scores are below average, especially in science classes (based on information from USAtestprep.) Some of the teachers are absolutely wonderful, but that's really only in a couple of classes. The office staff is lovely, for the most part. You know, until they find out that a parent has a problem with a teacher. In which case, they don't email anyone back in hopes that their problems will simply vanish. I've seen several fights in the hallway since I've been here, and students are hard to get along with. Unless you grow up at Triton, it's incredibly difficult fit in, because a fair amount of them are related or have known each other since kindergarten. They also have a mouse problem, which is disgusting. I had to stay after and help serve drinks at a choir performance one night, and there are also mice in the kitchen. Maybe I have high expectations for a high school in the middle of nowhere, but I stand by my opinion.

Triton Central High School 1

Posted February 03, 2014
If you have not grown up here all your life and know generations of people your child will not get the benefit of any doubt! They are not used to having gifted kids, they are not helpful, and they will not make any changes to help you no matter what the risks. I would suggested looking somewhere else for a high school if you are new to the area!

Posted September 04, 2013
We love this school. We moved our kids from a private school to triton schools last year. We love the teachers and athletic departments. The curriculum is what we would expect from a small rural school with teachers willing to teach!

Posted January 12, 2010
This school is boss and has a great curriculum as well as good teachers with a good sense of who needs help and who needs more work.

Posted January 26, 2009
I am a former student and current parent and we moved back to the Triton area from Center Grove. I was prepared for college at Purdue and on to Indiana Wesleyan for a Masters Degree. We moved back so that our children can get the same education and community experience that I had. If you think Triton is not where you would like to see it, get involved and let's work together.

Posted January 19, 2009
triton is a great and fantastic school and is going to new tech next year and i am excited to be a part of it.

Posted March 19, 2008
I am a current student at Triton Central and I will be graduating in a couple months. I can say nothing say nothing about my experience at Triton but the fact that it was a great experience. People previously wrote reviews and mentioned how Triton is a bad school, doesn't prepare you, and is only a good experience for those involved. Triton is in the bottom 2% for the amount of funding it receives, but still is a 4 star school and constantly ranks in the cream of the crop in attendance, test scores, graduation rating and other comparisons. Triton Central has given me a great experience and a great education.

Triton Central High School

Posted November 28, 2007
Having SEVERAL students in all 3 of the Triton schools, I am more that just impress with the education my childern are getting with the lack of funds that are given to the schools from the state. My children are not only learning the 'academic standards' that are outlined by the state, but they are also learning to be loving and caring people. Just like any parent, I have high expectations for my children, but most imporantly I want them to have compassion for others and a strong faith in God and his teachings.

Triton Central High School 3

Posted March 23, 2006
Yes many feel that small schools are better. But Triton is being left behind when you look at the many schools in the area. Certain subjects not being offered for college advancement. Crowded lunchrooms, small older gym, school dating back to the 1960's, and no orchestra program. The softball has a great lack of qualified coaching. Triton has a disinterest in the softball program. One has to wonder why they even have one - they certainly don't try to upgrade their fields, and recruit better coaching. If you are looking to advance your child in the softball program this is not the school for you.

Posted February 25, 2006
Some might say that a small country school has nothing to offer to students, but they are wrong. As society continues to become more liberal, there is more of an emphasis on the teachers to provide their students with everything needed to be successful. More and more parents are failing to adequately encourage/provide their children with the means to be successful. These same parents are the ones who choose to downgrade the high quality teachers and the administration staff at Triton Central, while the reality is that the parents need to take a close look at the involvement they have in their children's education and make the realization that they need to step it up a notch. I am a succesful graduate of Triton Central along with three other siblings and have no complaints with the school. Active parents instilling hardworking values in their children in my estimation is the key.

Triton Central High School
4774 West 600 North, Fairland, IN  46126
Last modified Triton Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Triton Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top