K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We recently moved to the area and registered our children for school over the summer. The staff has been so helpful, warm and welcoming throughout the process. It has made the transition to a new area much easier. We are excited to be starting a new school year with the St. Vincent Catholic School family.

Terrible staff and teachers. Very unprofessional and rude to me and my child. Didn't have any manners or respect and I'm surprised because this is a Catholic school.

We just started at St. Vincent's and love it. The staff have been so nice and very helpful.

The school wasn't all that bad, but it would've been better if the teachers were qualified to do their job. The middle school Science and Spanish teacher were just terrible. The science teacher was awfully too young, had little to no respect, and didn't know what she was talking about half the time. When you asked her a question she wouldn't know how to respond and looked it up on the internet. She was a JOKE. The Spanish teacher was older and knew what she was saying, but she had little to no respect and expected US to learn things ourselves, rather than showing us how to do things. I wasn't impressed with the school's choice of teachers at all and I hope they do something about it.

I am disappointed in SVDP school. I feel like some of the children are held to different standards then others. Common sense seems to be lacking with some of the administrators.

I agree with the Sept. 11, 2008 review in regards to 'the social classes' in the school as they regard to the administration. Seems like unless you 'can do for them' (the admin.), the same courtesy's wont apply to you. I DISAGREE that the teachers and staff are 'disingenuous', but I DO agree that 'administration dictates teacher's attitudes and methods', and it's too bad because most of the teachers are very good, and they love the kids. As for the Pastor running the school. This is a huge parish and I can't fault the Pastor for trying to allow the school administration to run the school, but I can find many faults with the principal and her policies.

this is our first year at this school and so far we really love it. Everyone is helpful and pleasant and we are so happy with the quality of teaching staff and parental involvement. What is also great is the parish is so active and so supportive of the school. I must say that the principal seems to have everything run smooth, but I have yet to meet her and i could not even identify her if i had to. But the vice principal seems to be more present. all in all though- it is an excellent value for the experience and education. Both academically and spiritually

Our experince so far has been great! The teachers and staff are excellent. I did read the review about the principal and I do agree that she could be a bit more visible in or just a bit more out in the open. But other than that we are more than satisfied this year.

My son is excelling in the new all day Kindergarten program. We love this school.

Sadly, SVDP has tarnished my relationship with the Church. As a devout and practicing Catholic, I am ashamed to say that SVDP's administration is overly zealous as evidenced by their constant interference with the Priest's role and duties. Very discouraging, very segregated in terms of social classes and overall oppressive. Never again. The administration dictates teacher's attitudes and methods to the point of grave concern. Last but not least, the staff is disingenuous in regard to their concern for students and parents unless the family is well known and has the ability to give large amounts of money to the school. What I can add to this review on a positive note, is that parental involvement is over-the-top and the parishioners of all social classes are some of the finest people in the Church. Such a shame that one leader has so much power in the Church.

Last modified St Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.