Bad
Good

My son started Kindergarten this year. I was super nervous, but after meeting Mrs. Benz and her and staff, I knew he would be in good hands. He is excited, every day, to go to school. I'm thrilled with Georgetown, so far.

Both of my Daughters attended Georgetown Elementary. Mrs. Benz listens to parents concerns and runs a great school. I never had a bad encounter at Georgetown Elementary. The Teacher's prepared both Girls for Highland Hills Middle School. One Daughter is in the advance class at HHMS and the other is in the Honors program at HHMS. The strong foundation in learning they received at Georgetown Elemenary has helped them succeed at HHMS!

My son has been going to Georgetown from K-3rd grade. Each of his teachers have been amazing. His homework has been 10-15 minutes each night, plus 20 minutes of reading. My son reads at the at-grade level, but unlike some of the previous reviews, he has never felt like a lower person for it. It's always been "how can we improve." type attitude. Each time I have needed something from the school, its been immediately provided. I am more than thrilled with this school and the faculty there. A++++++++++

This school is a joke.The teachers are only worried about ISTEP scores and heaven forbid your child "only" reads at grade level. Imagine your child crying because they feel stupid because the teacher said they are "only" at grade level.We are on the waiting list for another school and we will be out of Georgetown as soon as possible.

My daughter attended kindergarten here and it went great. Then first grade came. My daughter went from a little girl who loved to learn new words to a little girl that would cry when she had to read her books every night (Just waaaay too much homework). I feel that she has stagnated and that her desire to learn has been crushed. I'm looking for an alternative for the next year even if it means home schooling.

outstanding school because of the fine, Principal, Rhonda Benz and her dedicated staff!

Both of my children attended Georgetown last year. We were crushed when we had to move out of state and leave Georgetown Elem. behind! This school is WONDERFUL! All the teachers are excellent but Mrs. Taylor (2nd grade) is above and beyond fabulous! Everything about this school is great. Your kids will love it and so will you!

Two of my sons attend Georgetown Elementary. One is in k and the other in 2nd. This is our first year here and I love it so far. My children are happy and seem well taken care of. It is a friendly and warm environment. They seem to be learning alot and they both enjoy it. Thank you guys for being so attentive to their needs.

Georgetown Elementary is a safe, modern school where students are nurtured academically, socially, artistically and physically. Through working hand in hand with parents through frequent communication, each student is challenged to reach his or her highest achievement levels. We are blessed to have an active cadre of parent volunteers which staff or state of the art media center. Technology is emphasized and improvements are made each year to keep our facility in line with current technological trends in education. A differentiated curriculum and emphasis on being kind one to another assures an environment where every child is provided an unsurpassed education. I am very proud to be a member of the faculty of Georgetown Elementary School. Bonnie Thrasher

I love this school. My daughter is a first grader now and she attended kindergarten here. Everyone at the school seems to know each other. My daughter is doing wonderfully in her academics as well as growing socially. I would certainly recommended this school to anyone. There are a wide several activities for students of all ages. Ranging from sports to music. The parent involvement at this school is unlike any I've ever seen. I love seeing so many parents involved in each and everyone of the children's education.

Last modified Georgetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.