Posted August 10, 2011
My grandchild attend Morton Elementary School. The entire staff cares about the children and their education. The teachers go above and beyound to make sure the children are on the level they should be on. I take my hat off to to the PTA as well. I am glad the School CIty of Hammond has not given up on the public school system

Morton Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
I think Morton is a very safe school, to me that is very important for children. I see the teachers asst. and principal out with the children when the kids are going to school and getting out. I am very proud to have my child attending Morton.

Posted August 27, 2009
I just want to say that the teachers and staff at Morton are top in my book. They go above and beyond to help the kids succeed. They are really trying to prepare our children for the future and what comes along with being an adult and living life. I have a child in 4th grade and she struggled before transfering to Morton last year. She came from a school down south where they are very far behind in education compared to Morton. I commend everyone that keeps this school running smoothly from the teachers, staff and lunch workers all of you deserve to be rewarded for all your hard work and dedication to our children. Sincerely, Christy Ballentine

Morton Elementary School 0

Posted January 04, 2008
All 3 of my children attended Morton El. My youngest currently is in 3rd grade with Mrs. Hobbic. All of the teachers my children had were great and played an active role in their education. In fact my oldest is at Morton H.S. and has 4 A.P. classes and goes to Purdue Calument one evening a week for college course. Her education values begun early on at Morton El. and will continue throughout college.

Posted February 14, 2007
My name is Ms.Wilkerson.My 6 year old attends kindergarten and has Mrs.Wieser.She is so fantastic my daughter raves about her teacher and misses her on the weekend.Thats a heck of an impact.She works really well with her kids and cares about each one individually.I am so proud of my daughter and proud she has a teacher that makes her want to learn.I have been on field trips this year and really got to see how all the teachers interact with the kids.Their safety comes first and meanwhile we all have alot of fun.So thank you Morton for an astounding job! Also a big thanks to all the teachers whom make this school what it is.Too bad my teachers werent this involved I think alot of children benefit from this school.I wouldn,t want my child in any other school.

Posted September 18, 2006
I am very happy with my son's teacher.He started kindergarden this year. Mrs. Wieser is very understanding and willing to listen to any issues you may have.

Posted May 15, 2006
Morton Elem. is fantastic. Every teacher we have had has been marvelous with my son, their student, and my youngest, who tags along whenever I have to volunteer. My son is easily excited and is very intelligent. Each teacher we've had has taught me how to balance these two characters to get the most out of my son. The principal, Jan Whelan, is kind, compassion and very involved. She has 'rock star' status with my kids. Test scores are somewhat mediocore, but the school is working with several different strategies to mediate that. There are after-school programs available for kids who are interested and our PTA is very active. The PTA sponsors several cool assemblies during the school year and a few over the summer to promote academic readiness for the next grade. I love this school!

Posted July 20, 2005
My Daughter will be in second grade this year. I love the time and dedication the principal and teachers give to the children. A very comfortable and educational enviroment this school has been to my daughter and me. Morton Elementary is a very good school for all your childs learning needs. They are very intentive and diligent in every way to make a difference in our childrens education. I love this school.

Posted March 04, 2005
This is my son first year in school. I have to say sending a child to school these days seems to be a little hard. You hear a lot of stories about different schools and teachers. I have to say when I drop my son off, I have no concerns. The school is great, the teacher, he has is just wonderful and the principal, what a great leader. They seem to be learning a lot and they have a teacher that not only takes the time for each and every child but she also seems to enjoy it. Her face lights up when she sees her kids to her class. She takes time for the parents, she is understanding. So if you are looking for a place, you can send your child and feel confident that your child is getting a good education, Morton Elementary is the place.

Morton Elementary School
7006 Marshall Avenue, Hammond, IN  46323
Last modified Morton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.