Hobart Middle School 3

Posted March 20, 2011
I came to Hobart 6 years ago believing that my daughter was going to et a great education.I was wrong. I am aninvolved parent. My daughter plays basketball and runs track. She gets all A's and B's and her last grading peiod GPA was 3.8. What's the problem, you ask? I know shes getting short changed. Last grading period in math ,which she claims is the slow math class, had only 5 homework assignments. IN A 6 WEEK GRADING PERIOD! How is a child who is in lower level classever supposed to get better if the teachers are assigning any work? Did I mention that her math class is 45 minutes long and the longest class that she has is 1 1/2 hrs ans that is seminar. Seminar is a class students have whn they arent involved in choir or band. and all they do in that class is their homework. There is NO cirriculum for the class. she never comes home with homework because she is allowed to finish it in school. Seminar is a waste of my childs time. DId I also mention they are shoretning the school day next year? This is her last year in hobart schools...they have wasted enough of our time. She will begin private school next year, where I have no doubt she will be prepared for college.

Posted May 08, 2010
Wow,this school is horrible. Well I shouldnt say the school but the principal. She treats us like elementary kids. Middle school is supposed to be a stage where you start to learn to do things yourself and grow up a little more. But now we have this lunch pass stuff and we have split lunches where you have to have a certain pass for.and It is just really ridiculous. Im in 8th grade and this school year is almost over and let me tell you I cannot wait until I am out of here.

Posted February 11, 2010
Being a Hobart graduate,I have a student in the middle school and couldn't be happier with the schools and teachers.I let the teachers teach and the school staff run the school.I make sure my child is respectfull,honest and prepared for each day of school.Hobart has always produced good students and great citizens.Thank you Hobart School System.

Hobart Middle School 5

Posted December 29, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009
I am very impressed by how involved Hobart Middle School's staff is with it's children. I am positive that my child is getting the best education possible. I am thankful for the staff at Hobart Middle School!

Posted May 02, 2009

Hobart Middle School 1

Posted April 04, 2009
I believe the Hobart Middle School is pretty good overall. What I do have a problem with is discipline. What gives the school the right to double discipline a student? If you give a child a punishment for something they did I think that is good enough. Why then should the school take away a field trip that is a month away? We as parents do not double punish our kids. I think that type of discipline practice is uncalled for and very unfair. Staff at the school is very unfair and bias toward kids who are a little difficult. Once your child is considered difficult it will follow him or her until they leave the school even if the child is on their best behavior. Also, God be with you if you have other siblings following into that school, they don't stand a chance if your older child was difficult.

Posted February 14, 2009

Posted November 30, 2008

Hobart Middle School 1

Posted August 07, 2008
Principals and teachers are disresepful, aren't fair, and overall unhelpful to students and parents

Hobart Middle School
36 East 8th Street, Hobart, IN  46342
Last modified Hobart Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hobart Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.