Posted February 10, 2014
Nora is an amazing school. My child attended Nora for two years before we moved out of state. It was hard leaving Nora as the Principal Mrs. Zybert created such a nurturing and loving building for kids to walk into everyday. In addition to having some amazing teachers Nora has a very diverse student population. Loved that my child got to hear 28 different languages spoken daily by his peers at school. Learning to respect, appreciate, celebrate and love all people is one of the greatest lessons of our time. I am thankful Nora embraces this understanding and celebrates and uplifts all students and families. They have some amazing teachers that had my son excited and ready to run to school every morning. As a parent you can only hope that some of the first teachers your child will ever have will nurture, encourage, inspire and light a flame for seeking knowledge endlessly. This happened for both of my sons at Nora, one whom is currently 19 and my youngest whom is 9. I love Nora and when living in Indy it will be my first school of choice for my son.

Nora Elementary School 1

Posted April 04, 2013
Nora is the most horrible school my children has attended. Mrs Zieber and Ms. Walters are two of the most out of touch administrators I have ever met in my life. The school is substandard at best and the the administrators don't know their a#@ from their face. I am very displeased with test scores and plan on moving my children out of here fast. Mrs. Zieber is very artificial and needs a quick reality check.

Posted October 15, 2011
Maybe it's because i'm from the inner city and had to scratch and claw just to get a decent book but I feel Nora has been a good place for my kids and they love Nora. The teachers and staff want to work with kids and get them the basic knowledge they need to solve problems THEN get to more advanced stuff if all the kids have complete understanding of what they are doing. Once that is done then the are off to learn something new and incredible. I love to see my children come home and be excite about what they learned at Nora.

Nora Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2011
My daughter is currently in Lawrence Township and I am so glad she is. She attended Nora last year for Kindergarten and we had so many issues. I'm not sure exactly what the issues at that school were, but it seemed as if the principal wasn't worried about the academic needs of the students. My daughter's teacher was inexperienced and didn't have any patience for children. Last year in April, we ended up transferring my daughter to the ELC at Mary Castle. I wish we would have done it sooner. The teacher was wonderful and my daughter got along with her so well. Overall my experiece at Nora was horrible and in my opinion, they were more worried about money than about academics.

Posted October 18, 2009
I can't believe my son gets to have the same Kindergarten teacher that I had. I still cherish the memories of our great school.

Nora Elementary School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
I cannot express enough how deeply disappointed in Nora school that I am. I currently have a third grader there and had another child there several years ago. When my son went to Nora it was awesome. The teachers cared and loved their jobs, as well as the principal and all other staff. Now sadly it is a matter of how many children can we push through the door and teach all of the basics to. They no longer care about the children who already know the basics and want to learn, unfortunately their standards for excellence and quality have severely suffered, and it shows. And as for the principal she is a very 'outgoing' but very superficial. She has covered up and sugar coated things that are happening in that school. Sadly we are currently looking for other schools and will move my child at appropriate time.

Nora Elementary School 3

Posted July 21, 2008

Posted July 19, 2008
I have a soon-to-be 3rd grader attending Nora. My now 7th grader attended Nora as well. I am very pleased with the academic program there. All of the teachers and staff are wonderful. From the cafeteria employees all the way to Mrs. Zybert, I have been impressed with their dedication to the children's education and all around well being. Mrs. Zybert is amazing with the children. Even when there is a disciplinary issue, she handles it with tact and high professionalism. Kudos to her always knowing exactly who my son is by name when there are hundreds of other children to remember. If Icould give more stars I would!!!

Nora Elementary School 0

Posted January 12, 2008
I attended this school in second grade and it really helped out alot. It got me adjusted into switching classes and the work was very difficult but the teachers were by you a hundred percent of the way I am still in touch with my gym teacher from then and it really helps to know that it made a difference in my life

Posted May 18, 2005
Nora is an exceptional school whose students take great pride in their school. My daughter is finishing the 4th grade and has been at Nora since Kindergarten. She loves Nora, is inspired to critically think and write and has great relationships with her teachers and peers. She is extremely well-prepared for external assessments, such as ISTEP, and she exudes confidence not only in her academic abilities but also in her willingness to attempt new tasks. Kudos to an exceptional staff led by an exemplary Principal, Suzanne Zybert. At each grade level, teachers work together to individualize instruction in math and reading and ensure that parents/guardians clearly understand how to assist in their student's academic and social progress. The staff and administration are open to questions and willing to work with the parents and the community to create exceptional learning opportunities for students. How fortunate my daughter is to attend Nora!

Nora Elementary School
1000 East 91st Street, Indianapolis, IN  46240
Last modified Nora Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nora Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.