Posted April 06, 2014
I have attended ten different Indiana schools; both public and private. Lutheran High School of Indianapolis is by far the greatest school I have attended.

Posted December 16, 2013
I am a parent of two kids at LHS. What a great school that truly cares about my kids. They are involved in so many things beyond the classroom like robotics, sports, fine arts, and multiple service events. They are so busy but love school. Both have realistic goals to go to college and are confident because of LHS.

Lutheran High School 2

Posted December 12, 2013
It is a tight clique that does not seek diversity and growth, same size 15 years later. They hide that vocational training is available because that is judged as not good enough. It can be done, they are untruthful about the percent attending four year colleges. Sorry I spent the money, should try a charter school that's FREE. The shining start of the school is the Pastor.

Posted September 17, 2012
From recruitment through enrollment and into the first year, our experience has been incredibly personal, attentive, and focussed on our daughter making a successful transition to hight school. The staff and faculty have shown to be driven towards providing a strong curriculum and a christ-centered environment for the students. There is a clear emphasis on academic achievement and creating strong partnerships between the faculty and the students. There are countless opportunities for students to find their place at LHSI from peer ministry, volunteerism, athletics, academic clubs, to theatre. Our daughter thanks us daily for the opportunity to attend LHSI. She appreciates the committment our family has made to having her attend this school. We sing praises of thanksgiving for having this great high school in our city.

Posted September 05, 2012
LHS is an answer to prayer as to where do I send my son or daughter to school! 1. Wisdom is here. The Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. 2. Jesus is here Col. 2:3. He is modeled in the teachers, staff, and coaches. No where have we seen these qualities more evident in other private or public schools. The teachers are interested in each student and do their best to help them. There is a non-judgmental attitude among the staff and school. 3. The students here are helpful and accepting of others. They are a joyful, shining example of what Christ compels us to be. 4. Academically, LHS is challenging and rewarding. Excellence is encouraged. However, even those students who struggle are valued, encouraged and given opportunity to succeed. 5. Extra curricular activities are encouraged for all students such as sports, drama, etc. to provide students with the opportunity to feel a part of the LHS family and belonging. These qualities are unmatched in any previous schools attended. Then the King will answer and say "As you have done it to the least of these, you have done it to Me. Matt. 25:40. Christ is here. There are great rewards waiting here at LHS!

Posted August 30, 2012
Sending our daughter to Lutheran High School was one of the best decisions we have made as parents. The teachers and staff actually care if my child is successful and is helping her grow into a young Christian adult . I feel that they are part of our family and look forward to opening all the doors that Lutheran High is leading my child to.

Posted August 30, 2012
We absolutely love Lutheran High School! Our son struggled socially before coming to this school, and now has been taken in by his peers and LOVES going to school. Academically the school is well prepared to instruct the students and is highly committed to a "real world" view of learning, always keeping faith at the forefront of all teachings. We could not be more pleased! From the admissions director, to the teachers, to the principal, to the pastor, you WILL NOT FIND A BETTER high school in all of Indiana. Our commute is an hour each way, per day, and I don't think a thing of it- this is truly a remarkable school.

Lutheran High School 4

Posted August 29, 2012
Lutheran High School is a tight-knit community that I am proud to say I apart of! The teachers stretch you both intellectually and spiritually. They are easy to talk to and understand. The teachers are unique in the fact that they genuinely care about the students! I would highly recommend Lutheran to anyone!

Posted July 09, 2009
The overall rating for LHSI is five stars. The teachers and parents make this one of the best hidden secrets on the SS of indy. The other private school on the south Side has many issues with drugs and guns. We rated this as an excellant school for the money.

Lutheran High School 3

Posted June 22, 2009

Lutheran High School
5555 South Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46237
Last modified Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lutheran High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.