9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son started at Lutheran this year and I can't even begin to tell you what a difference this switch has made! He brought his grades from a C average to all A's and B's. His entire attitude and demeanor has changed and I credit Lutheran for this b/c they talk the talk and walk the walk and they truly care about my child! I sure wish we would have made this switch at the beginning of his high school years, but what's done is done. I'm just glad he's there now. :) Our entire family has made friends for life.

I am a parent of a freshman and have been very pleased with the transition my child has had into this high school. The teachers have gone above and beyond to challenge my child, as well as support him when he needs it. They are always available after school and genuinely seem interested in helping him. The best part is that he loves this school and the teachers. He is more motivated than I've ever seen to do well in his classes. I also love that when I call or stop in the office, they greet me and know who I am and who my child is. It's just been one semester, but so far, I am pleased with what I've seen.

If you are not in the clique then your child will not get anywhere. They preach religion, but most of the staff and parents do not follow it. They allow bullying and stereotyping, which should not be allowed in such a small religious school. They want money, but never have the children pay it forward. Public schools do more charity work than the Lutheran school system.

I have to give this school a 2 star for multiple reasons. 1) They are a school run by money and if you don't have it you do not fit into their "family" 2) The school doesn't live up to the Christian model, they would rather throw someone to the side or out of school instead of helping students adjust, helping them through a rough patch or practice what they preach when a student's family member is in a life or death situation. 3) If one teacher doesn't like your child then your child is in for a very rough ride. 4) If other parents don't like your child then you are in a sinking ship because the staff will make sure your child can no longer come there because they don't want to lose financial support from boosters, businesses and other donors. It's sad as an alumni of LHSI that I will never recommend this school for anyone's child. My mistake for thinking my child could have the experience I did. Sad, just sad.

I have attended ten different Indiana schools; both public and private. Lutheran High School of Indianapolis is by far the greatest school I have attended.

I am a parent of two kids at LHS. What a great school that truly cares about my kids. They are involved in so many things beyond the classroom like robotics, sports, fine arts, and multiple service events. They are so busy but love school. Both have realistic goals to go to college and are confident because of LHS.

It is a tight clique that does not seek diversity and growth, same size 15 years later. They hide that vocational training is available because that is judged as not good enough. It can be done, they are untruthful about the percent attending four year colleges. Sorry I spent the money, should try a charter school that's FREE. The shining start of the school is the Pastor.

From recruitment through enrollment and into the first year, our experience has been incredibly personal, attentive, and focussed on our daughter making a successful transition to hight school. The staff and faculty have shown to be driven towards providing a strong curriculum and a christ-centered environment for the students. There is a clear emphasis on academic achievement and creating strong partnerships between the faculty and the students. There are countless opportunities for students to find their place at LHSI from peer ministry, volunteerism, athletics, academic clubs, to theatre. Our daughter thanks us daily for the opportunity to attend LHSI. She appreciates the committment our family has made to having her attend this school. We sing praises of thanksgiving for having this great high school in our city.

LHS is an answer to prayer as to where do I send my son or daughter to school! 1. Wisdom is here. The Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. 2. Jesus is here Col. 2:3. He is modeled in the teachers, staff, and coaches. No where have we seen these qualities more evident in other private or public schools. The teachers are interested in each student and do their best to help them. There is a non-judgmental attitude among the staff and school. 3. The students here are helpful and accepting of others. They are a joyful, shining example of what Christ compels us to be. 4. Academically, LHS is challenging and rewarding. Excellence is encouraged. However, even those students who struggle are valued, encouraged and given opportunity to succeed. 5. Extra curricular activities are encouraged for all students such as sports, drama, etc. to provide students with the opportunity to feel a part of the LHS family and belonging. These qualities are unmatched in any previous schools attended. Then the King will answer and say "As you have done it to the least of these, you have done it to Me. Matt. 25:40. Christ is here. There are great rewards waiting here at LHS!

Sending our daughter to Lutheran High School was one of the best decisions we have made as parents. The teachers and staff actually care if my child is successful and is helping her grow into a young Christian adult . I feel that they are part of our family and look forward to opening all the doors that Lutheran High is leading my child to.

Last modified Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12