Posted May 29, 2014
It's a really good school. Since I've been here, I feel as if I've really been taught something. The college preparation program here is really good too! For anyone thinking of sending there child here, it's a great opportunity!

Posted October 20, 2013
It's a small school.The teacher really do care about there students. The class room size is small. That good for student to get more help. We call some teachers by there first name. It's good for us to get a bond with them. We take colleges class and internships during the school year. We have colleges come and talk to you or we go visit the colleges.

Posted June 11, 2013
Are you looking fro a school that just gets it? One that goes out of its way to see your child's potential, harness that potential and then deliver on it with an honor's diploma? Indianapolis Met has been an amazing fit for out son! He has an IEP and the school not only welcomed it, they saw they delivered on an honor's track in spite of it. The school has been flexible, engaged, accountable and willing to go the next step! In addition to my son I take 2 other kids from our community the the school as well. They are both excelling and making their positive pathway as well. The school is committed to Excellence! Do not hesitate to take the next steps and sign up your son or daughter!

Posted June 11, 2013
I am a student at Indy Met. I have been there for over 2 years and it has been awesome! I was really struggling at my other school and when I can to Indy Met, they made me feel at home and made me successful! I have been able to go from C,D grades to all A,B grades and I am on an honors track for graduation. I have passed both of my ECA's and will be able to take a computer certification class next year to prepare me for the real job world! I am successful because Mr. Pat the principal makes sure that I have what I need. Ms. Jessica my lead teacher is invested in me and I know that they want me to be successful! It has been awesome!

Posted April 06, 2010
This school was very unprepared. The teachers were nice, but more like friends than teachers. And there was rarely any actual work being done. My daughter likened it to playing and having fun all day, with the bonus of being able to get online to chat and surf!!!

Indianapolis Metropolitan High School 0

Posted January 22, 2010
I give Indy Met a five star salute!! My family has been part of the Indy Met since the doors opened some six years ago. I am a very proud parent of a daughter that graduated in the first class. This May, I will witness my twin daughters graduating from this same school. And in the following year, my son will graduate, prayfully with a basketball scholoarship. All my daughters are in college or are on their way... so I am, again, proud to have four children to graduate from this school. Indy Met has become part of my family. The advisors are and have always been one on one with my children. I recommend it to anyone!

Posted December 17, 2009
i am a parent of a student that attends this school.i dont not think they teach basic courses.

Posted August 25, 2009
Indy Met is the best kept secret in education in Indianapolis. The services provided to students are unmatched anywhere in the city. Students are given the opportunity to explore their communities and learn more about their selves. Students are taught at their own pace and staff, students, and families have meaningful relationships. Contrary to some reviews, students are not taught every subject by the same teacher, but by highly qualified content area teachers. This is not like a traditional high school, for good reason.

Posted August 24, 2009
I am a parent of a student that attended the school last year. The school does not teach the students, the students are expected to teach themselves. I am not sure how one teacher is supposed to teach all high school subjects. As a result, I believe my child was not given an appropriate high school education. My child also stated that many of the seniors had to come back after they graduated to complete requirements. Correct me if I am wrong, but how can a school enforce completion of coursework when the student already graduated? The Department of Education should ask some serious questions regarding this school and their practices. My child will never return to this school.

Posted April 28, 2009
I'm a parent of a student in Mrs. Leondra's class. She is amazing. I've never seen anyone, teacher or otherwise, go the distants she has with her students. When my chid comes home from school all she talkes about is her teacher. She also has this relationship with her other students. I'm so impressed with how far she's gone to be a part of my daughter's whole life, not just academically. I've seen her ralley parents and community members together to meet the needs of studnets and their families. I can't say enough good things about her. I thank God everyday for her being a part of my daughter's life because she was behind in reading when she came to the Met and today she was accepted to her 1st choice in college. This school has opened her eyes to so many possibilities.

Indianapolis Metropolitan High School
1635 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN  46222
Last modified Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Indianapolis Metropolitan High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.