Posted December 30, 2013
I was a former student of Shakamak and ashamed to say that I attended school there. I am also ashamed that my child ever went there! Unless you have a certain last name,money, certain clothes or are into sports, you are nothing. I tried for several years to get my daughter tested for learning disabilities so she could have an IEP # & get the help she deserved. I was told there was nothing wrong with her. We now live in Ohio and she got the help Shakamak wouldn't give her and she's excelling in school! Shame on you SHS!

Posted December 14, 2012
I had 2 children attend this school and I can tell you that if you do not have the right last name you do not belong, if you do not play sports you do not belong, and if you are not from there you do not belong! The education comes second to the sports and that is unexceptable! My child had to take all general educations classes in college before he could start the classes he needed to obtain a degree. This community is low income, to near poverty and it shows. I am very thankful to have moved my other children to a better school district, but the problem has been that they are so far behind that I am afraid they will not pass. The program the new school follows is at least one year ahead of Shakamak, and that is if Shakamak teaches the same program. It has been three years since moving and my children have excelled since leaving Shakamak! The other concern I have with Shakamak is that they mainly hire staff that are alumni of Shakamak, I feel that this is done to help perserve their main interest which is not educating our children but teaching them sports. It's sad when you receive a letter saying that the kids can attend another school if one was offered in the district.

Posted May 27, 2010
Graduating this Saturday from Shakamak High School, I can honestly say it is probably the most hypocritical place I have even been. Teachers and administrators say one thing then do the complete opposite. While I spent 13 years in this school corporation, I wish I never would have attended this horrendous school. Here you must have the correct last name or you will be screwed over, guaranteed. Even though there are couple of GREAT teachers--Mr. Monday and Mrs. Thorlton--who would do anything for their students, most of the teachers are not like this.

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 0

Posted February 16, 2009
I wish that in 2009 the same could be said for Shakamak as was said when I went there in the 1980s. The administration cares only about boys sports and not about academics. The school board is weak and adm will not listen to community concerns. Students are unhappy.

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
I truly feel that this school offers a wholesome environment with better than average teachers who really care about their students. The teaching throughout elementary, Jr High and into High school is excellent. I am proud to say that I have a graduate from Shakamak High School and a child in the Jr High who has truly blossomed since attending this school system.

Posted October 05, 2008

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted September 11, 2008

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 5

Posted August 23, 2008
Everyone must admit that the school is no better than the kids that are in it no matter how good the teachers and administration are!

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 5

Posted May 02, 2008
shakamak is the best school i ever went to the teachers were the best at helping and ive been to meny schools in Indiana.

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
- a former student

Shakamak Jr-Sr High School
9233 Shakamak School Rd, Jasonville, IN  47438
Last modified Shakamak Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shakamak Jr-Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top