Posted December 07, 2011
We moved to this area from Illinois and the outstanding schools were the main reason why. I'm very satisfied with the quality of education that the schools provide for the children. The new high school is going to be awesome, and I'm very proud to live in the LC district.

Posted December 05, 2011
Lake Central High School is among the best high schools in Northwest Indiana and top 10% in the entire state. The whole district is strong academically and that is in large part due to the great staff and administration. They really care about the students' wellbeing, as does the community as a whole which really supports the district. The school is strong right now, but the future looks even brighter as a brand new beautiful high school is going to be built and planned to be done in early 2015. So excited that this school and district are going to get even better!

Posted August 31, 2011
I have two children who have attended LC. I am so impressed with the number of opportunities available to them. The faculty is excellent - extremely hard-working and truly interested in the students welfare.

Posted August 31, 2011
Fantastic school...world-renown extracurriculars. great staff! Teachers are amazing and dedicated. We are very happy with out school choice.

Posted May 05, 2011
I currently attend Lake Central, and I think it's the best school in the area. The people who don't like it blame the large enrollment. Apparently, these people have never seen the school. It's huge. It's built for a large enrollment. Also, some people dislike the modulars, or better known as the trailers. I bet they've never been inside them because you would never know you're in a trailer. They're great classrooms, and they're just as good as any other room in the school. The academics here are fantastic. If the student actually tries, they will get a great education. You can't blame the school for your children's laziness. There are many honors/AP classes and many other special interest classes, such as auto, ceramics, child development, and forensic science. There are tons of extracurriculars, and the sports teams are fantastic. Block scheduling is fantastic! We have two days to do our homework, which is very helpful, especially for those who are in sports or have jobs. SRT is also very helpful. It's a shame they're getting rid of it next year, but we can still take an SPT. Overall, this is a great school. Once again, you can't blame a school for your child's own laziness.

Lake Central High School 1

Posted December 06, 2010
We moved to the school system 7 years ago in anticipation that they were going to build a second high school (which our real estate agent nearly assured would happen). In fact, we gave up moving to Munster because we could get a nice house for much much less money in Saint John and take advantage of a brand new high school. HUGE mistake. My daughter is a junior here at the high school she has to attend classes in trailers, but most of the classes in the actual building are still crowded and not conducive to learning. To be fair, the teachers seem to be okay. But parental involvement is horrible (unless it is with sports). It seems as though the area has been going downhill in terms of the tri-town community's willingness to support the schools. As I drive past Munster High School, I am envious of the visible support that the town has for the school system. If it were not for the fact that my children have already made good friends in this area, we would move out in a heartbeat. The lack of support in this area is seriously bringing the whole area down! I already know several families who are moving out due to the lack of school support and to be honest, we might be next.

Lake Central High School 3

Posted October 01, 2010
Lake Cantral isnt all what people say it is; it has many flaws but then again it has many good things about it. i am a sophmore currently attending lake central and im OKAY with the way it is. the education here is deffinetly a plus for this school but the kids here are something else.. there is a big drug problem here along with racism nand following the dresscode rules. there is overall a big minority group here but the main race is white. i would say that the teachers here are excellent and try there hardest to keep us on the ball with our grades.

Posted February 28, 2010

Posted August 12, 2009
I am a parent of a Lake Central student. While the actual building is older, and the school is packed full of 3800+ students, there is a reason the school is crowded! Parents want a great education for their children. Parents want ample extra-cirricular activities for their children as well. My daughter is an honors student and I feel there is an array of courses to keep her interested while furthering her education. LC performs highly in the ISTEP tests as well. Overall I am quite happy with the quality of education!

Posted August 06, 2009

Lake Central High School
8400 Wicker Avenue, Saint John, IN  46373
Last modified Lake Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top