Bettendorf, IA
Students enrolled: 1,207

Pleasant Valley High School 3

Posted August 07, 2014
I've gone here since kindergarten, and up until junior high the school was great! However, in junior high and highschool people are a lot more rude to one another and bullying is very common. While I was never bullied, I was also never included, and I think that was the case with a lot of students. Teachers are usually good, with the exception of nearly all math teachers. They seem to not really care, which is sad because math is very important. Most all English and science teachers are great, along with most all other subjects. The counselors are nice, the two principals I have talked to are too, and the nurse is great. The main problem is just how stuck up most of the students are, along with the problems that come with that.

Pleasant Valley High School 2

Posted April 09, 2014
This school prides itself on high test scores and an outstanding school band. Athletics are improving greatly at the cost of quality teachers in the math department. In my experience as a parent, I would say that the principal, though friendly, is unwilling to take steps to correct this problem. Similarly, there are teachers who seem to dislike teaching and are not interested in encouraging their students' success in the classroom. We chose this school for its high test scores and learned that at PVHS, this is not always an indicator of quality teaching.

Posted October 14, 2011
This is an excellent school, lead by and excellent principal. The school provides a nurturing environment conducive to learning as well as the social development of its students. I have been very impressed and would encourage any family considering a move to the area to take advantage of the superb experience Pleasant Valley HS has to offer.

Posted September 28, 2009

Posted June 02, 2008

Pleasant Valley High School 0

Posted December 19, 2007
My son attended PV this last year, and all I could say was that it was an excellent experience. The standards of education as well friendliness and after school activities make this school one of the best in the mid west.

Posted October 23, 2007

Posted July 31, 2006
- a former student
I went to school at P.V. a long time ago but as a parent now I would send my children there in a heart beat if we were still living in the area. They have great activities to keep kids busy and the education is top notch, although I wasn't and outstanding student. P.V. is a great school and I wish I could send my children there as well.

Pleasant Valley High School 4

Posted May 28, 2005
- a former student

Pleasant Valley High School
604 Belmont Rd, Bettendorf, IA  52722
Last modified Pleasant Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top