Cedar Falls, IA

Cedar Falls High School 2

Posted March 20, 2012
We moved here from a small town full service high school. Peers groups are better, teacher quality is roughly the same and administration and support are rigid, unfriendly, uncoordinated and difficult. If you need any accommodations, plan for a battle and hope for the best.

Posted December 21, 2011
We moved here from Texas and had no idea where to enroll my son in 11th grade-so happy we ended up in this school district-he loves this school!!!

Posted March 31, 2011
This is a great school. My son will be graduating this year and his counselors have been VERY helpful with college scholarships and filling out applications. It is because of his great education in the Cedar Falls School District (which has earned him good grades and a great ACT score) that he will be going to college and will not have to take out any loans. The school calls me if I forget to call when he is going to miss school. I can check online at any time and see what his grades are and if he is handing in assignments. I can not say enough good things about the schools in Cedar Falls!

Posted March 03, 2010
I'm a former student of CFHS. I loved going there. The teachers were amazing, sports team coaches were great to work with and there were plenty of extra curricular activities to be involved in.

Posted October 20, 2009
I'm a student and a Junior at CFHS. I hated the middle school of Holmes, but going to CF made me actually like school. It's so nice there. They don't hound you to do things where as it's just so relaxed that you can concentrate, do well, and not feel pressured at the same time. I love it there :)

Posted April 15, 2009
I can not say enough about CF. The entire staff at this school go above and beyond, they are professional yet I feel like it is a relaxed learning enviroment with staff that seems very happy to be there. Keep up the fabulous work!

Posted May 22, 2008
I have been going to Cedar Falls High for about 2 semesters now, and I find it to be a pretty nice school. The classes were a little hard to catch up on, but all around I am doing well now. This school has a wide variety of classes and extra activities that I can explore until I graduate. I recommend this school to kids who want to go to college, and live in the Cedar Falls District. Go Tigers!

Posted February 19, 2006
- a administrator
My wife and I were fortuneate to have both our daughters graduate from Cedar Falls High School. This school has a well-rounded program with strong offerings in the core areas which include AP courses and Dual Credit courses that allow students to either test out of college work or gain credits at the college level while in high school. Successful athletic and activity programs are recognized around the state. My daughters were involved in athletics, but I would not have hesitated should they have chosen music, speech, or theater. Cedar Falls staff and administration work to challenge students to be the best they can be. School to work programs were available for students wishing to get on the job training their senior year. Programs included Trades &Industries/Health Occupations, DECA, Business Professionals and Foods Coop. I have been impressed by the support the community has provided for Cedar Falls High School

Cedar Falls High School 4

Posted August 20, 2005
- a former student
Through the work-release program I got my foot in the door of my chosen profession and had a leg up on my associates as I gained more experience. I am grateful to this school for instilling a love of learning, of reading of doing the best I can. The extra things in choirs and poetry classes gave me a chance to shine and discover part of who I am. I have been able to develop talents I may not have had an opportunity to. I feel I am much happier person and more rounded and able to care for my family and encouraged them where I wasn't previously. I know the value of a great education I was very lucky to have one.

Posted September 18, 2004
We brought our two children from a top rated Illinois school to the Cedar Falls school. They were both very challenged to 'catch' up. One has since graduated and we feel he was much more prepared for college by attending Cedar Falls. Our daughter is still enrolled and finding it a busy place between academics and all the other activities.

Cedar Falls High School
1015 Division St, Cedar Falls, IA  50613
Last modified Cedar Falls High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Falls High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top