Harry S Truman School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
Absolutely done with this school. They have no since of organization and take no time to inform the parents of learning issues with the kids. I am glad to take my kid away from this mess.

Posted January 08, 2010
Truman Elementary is an excellent school. I had one daughter come through Truman and a son enrolled now. The school is small, with a very friendly staff. The staff makes it very easy for the parent to stay involved - there is a great PTA organization, an 'open door' policy, and many opportunities to volunteer at the school level as well as in the classroom. I am able to have breakfast and/or lunch with my son whenever I want. They have a fantastic school nurse as well as a great lunchroom staff. I am very impressed with the school as a whole. The only complaint I have ever had was too much homework, which has not been an issue this year.

Posted February 02, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
Our family is very impressed with Truman Elementary. Our daughter has the opportunity to participate in talented/gifted programs. The principal/staff welcome parental involvement. We have never felt 'unwelcome'. Don't blame the schools for student performance. A lot of that blame lies at home.

Harry S Truman School 1

Posted November 11, 2008
This school is unfriendly to the 'new Student.' The administrative staff is not user friendly. As a parent I have never felt welcomed into the school. I want to be involved in my childs education, but it is hard when your child only brings home math home work.

Posted August 21, 2008
We think this is a great school that is pushing harder and trying bold iniatives to further students learning capabilities. Each year the students scores are improving putting this Daveport school on its way to being one of the best public elementary schools in the state.

Harry S Truman School 5

Posted August 09, 2007

Harry S Truman School
5506 North Pine, Davenport, IA  52806
Last modified Harry S Truman School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry S Truman School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top