Davenport, IA

Posted March 12, 2014
You'll hear stories about how great Bettendorf and Pleasant Valley are, but truth be told, I lived in those school districts and the kids are very spoiled and ungrateful. Davenport North is more down-to-earth, has great teachers, great community, and is safe. There is a lot of diversity in this district and that's a positive in my book.

North High School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
Don't listen to the wise of North High School I'm a West but I'm here to tell u what the SoCo good students did it they tagged West High School in there going to pay for it now that proves that all these guys on is of misfits ragtag misfits when West High is all nice and all that we are good people.

Posted March 18, 2009
North High School is truly the best school in Davenport. Their sports and academics excel to the highest point. The bulk of the students are very civilized and come from good families so there really isn't much violence if any. So far nothing has happened involving fights. My brothers went here and North prepared them for college very well. The principal is very nice and she makes sure that any of your problems are solved. The counslers are a big help as well. There are bad students but they normally just slack off and they don't bother students that excel. The choir program is really good. The choral directors help each of the singers get better. The band program is good as well. I think that North prepares you for college better than Central and West. North has a great MCJROTC. Overall, North High is the best.

North High School 4

Posted March 16, 2009
I graduated from North High in 2004, and I am aware that a lot of things can change in a few years, but most of the negativity towards this school was around even when I went their. This school offers a great educational experience and yes if you are hoping to get a scholarship for athletics it might not be the best choice for you , but if you are looking for a small caring environment then North can be a great option. I have always heard negativity directed at the academics, but I am living proof like all things in life it's what you make of it. I graduated with a 3.8 and was president of two clubs and active on multiple sports teams. I had no issues getting into every school I applied for and excelling once I was their. There are options for those who wish to succeed

North High School 3

Posted March 10, 2009
Ive graduated from North, If your not street smart don't go there because you will get made fun of. Their are some excellent teachers who really do care about the students but some (like the principal) only come out of there offices once a year to look for their shadows. Its not the worst school but its no where near the best.

Posted February 18, 2009

North High School 1

Posted December 22, 2008
I am a former student from North. North is a terrible school. It poorly prepare students for College. There was a lot of violence, the hall's were literally policed like a prison, and student attitude and respect towards staff was deplorable. I would ask my parents to go to a different school every year, trying to tell them how bad a school it was, but they didn't believe me... That is until my little sister went here and also begged to leave. And good for her they listened, took her out, and sent her to a better school. Where she later graduated with a 3.8. Please if you send your child here, and they complain and want to go to a different school, listen. With that said, there are some good teachers and students. I cant bulk everyone together. North does have a nice choir program.

Posted May 30, 2007
My third child is currently attending North. It is a great school. We have been very happy with academics and school activities that are provided. Wonderful enviroment!

North High School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
its hared to tell just yet.at least till report cards come home. so far the block schedual has been awesom....so far we have 3 a/s and 1 b..and that includes algebra. which last year was a D subject. this seems to keep a focus where the 7 subject day seems overwelming. as long as this keeps up. the horizon is certainly in sight

North High School 4

Posted January 25, 2006
I had four students attend North High. It has a great band program and facilities in general. All four of my kids went on to receive college degrees. Some believe another school in Davenport is better, that is not true. They need to discover instead of perceive.

North High School
626 West 53rd St, Davenport, IA  52806
Last modified North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top