Des Moines, IA

Meredith Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2015
The teacher at this school are very disrespectful. The thing that I don't like about teachers Is that just because I don't look "normal" doesn't mean that you have to act like I'm from another planet. Aperently the school are suppose to be diversity but the only thing I see at lunch is that everyone is separated. The cool/bad kids are in the green cafeteria while everyone else that isn't in #ganggreen (as they call it) sit in the gold cafeteria...

Meredith Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2012
My daughter goes here.. she is an 8th grader. I really hate this school, that there is children with disabilities, and they get made fun of, pushed, kicked and excluded out of everything. and treated like they are not normal people. also, my daughter always gets bullied, and the teachers do not do anything about it!! My daughter cannot stand this, and i don't think you're child will like it here either. I am so disappointed in myself, for letting my daughter suffer at this school for 3 whole years. make the right decision, and take you're child to another school, also, I would not recommend Hoover high school, the girls dress disgusting, and are very bad influences, and the teachers/counselors behavior is horrible. me and my wife hate it. and it is a very big distraction for the rest of the students.

Posted October 27, 2010
i am a student that goes there and it is really an amazzing school the teacheres are good

Posted May 06, 2010
I have had 2 sons attend Meredith. The school is lax with any discipline, there are regular fights/chaos in the hallways. Teachers are inconcsitent. Some care about the students, others don't. Most blame the student for for caring vs. making the effort to get the student involved. There has not been a great deal of encouragement or positive nes from the teachers.

Posted April 19, 2010
They did a great job with my son and the teachers deserve new things

Posted November 19, 2009
it's awesome and there are so many new friends to meet and so many new things to learn!

Posted March 26, 2009
The school has dedicated teachers who work hard to keep kids focused on doing good work. There are many extracurricular activities in which kids can participate. Considering the very diverse student body, there are rarely any racial problems. The facility could use a little updating (that's actually in the works), but nothing major. All in all, I'm very happy with the school and have no intention of fleeing to the suburbs so that I can enroll my children in supposedly better schools.

Posted December 28, 2007
I will dissage with some people about Meredith Middle School.People say there are too many fights and there are no good influences for the children while people say this it isnt true.The only reason people say this is because people hear stuff.I will say that this school is great.There are a bunch if good people there. Good after school activities.

Posted December 18, 2007
I love this school! Everybody should go there. there are no racial problems at this school, it rocks! No discrimination.

Posted January 31, 2006
meredith middle school is a good school ive come here for three years and im happy.the school has a lot to get involved in and i love that.go bulldogs. 8 grader

4827 Madison Ave, Des Moines, IA  50310
Last modified Meredith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meredith Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top