Posted April 14, 2010
I agree, I am aware that they have made some changes and yes they have laptops for all students. There are certain requirements to attain those laptops and is is typically for those schools who struggle. I have a very negative view of the school system. I do believe many have the students bet interest in mind but not sure if this balances out those who are too set in their ways and conceptualize children based on the cliques within the school and the community at large. I do not beleive that the school set students up for success in the past, at least not when I attended the school. I recall (as many people from around the nation do) being 'tracked' into non-college bound courses while sitting in a room with all students. It was degrading and based on performance, but perception of people who did not a clue.

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 5

Posted April 13, 2010
Cardinal may be a small rural school but it puts students first. Each student has his or her own laptop provided by the school to help prepare them for the future. Classes are smaller to keep track of students academic and personal needs. Student's are goal oriented and can begin college classes as early as 9th Grade.

Posted April 13, 2010
We have terrific students who work hard. It is a privilege to work with our Cardinal students.

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 4

Posted May 06, 2009

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 2

Posted August 29, 2008
Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. This school lacks disipline for its students. I have never before been to a school that has this poor of a quality in discipline. The teachers are great but they need support.

Posted May 19, 2008
My child moved from a 3A school to Cardinal in the 3rd grade and is now a freshman. I also graduated from Cardinal & attended all 13 years. I have mixed feelings about the experience my child has received at Cardinal. We did have some difficulty with the 'cliques' that are already set in place. I do agree with some of the ideas of the review posted 3/26/08, alot of this happens, however you will not find a small school in a small community where it does not happen. This can be very difficult, I hope that my child will learn to overcome those obstacles. There was one teacher that HOPEFULLY inadverently, gave my child an unflattering nickname, that they have had a hard time erasing. That teacher no longer has day to day classroom contact with students any longer though, so YEAH! The Middle School Teachers are exceptional! They do their best to provide a variety of learning tools to help ALL the kids succeed. Remember a teacher can only do so much, the child and parent(s)/guardians have to work as hard as the teacher to make the experience worthwhile. The Middle School teachers, appeared to try very hard to understand my child as a person and work toward their strengths, to help them in all of their subjects. We have had some more trouble in High School, but most of that has come from the students. If I had one negative thing to say about the H.S. teachers, is that I wish they would be more aware of how the 'cool' students treat the 'other' students and be more proactive in setting up boundaries. The H.S. teachers have been very responsive to any questions and concerns that I have had.

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 4

Posted April 06, 2008
This school has allowed my child to grow and flourish to his greatest potential. The courses provided have allowed my child to test himself, and help him realize what it truly takes to become the best person that he could/can be. I am a graduate from Ottumwa High(Go Bulldogs!), and was a little skeptical when I brought my child to this school a few years ago. Changing schools has been the best thing I could have ever done for my son. Not only has he been able to excell in the classroom, but the coaches in his sports have provided a solid background of what it takes to suceed. The only problem, that I can see, is what another parent above wrote about how the teachers graduated from this school and have returned to teach. That has brought some problems, but what school doesn't have problems. This is a great school!

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 1

Posted November 23, 2007

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 5

Posted October 31, 2007

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School 2

Posted September 26, 2007
This school district was top notch. Over the past three years, my child's scores have gone down as well as the quality of education. It is sad that this school is going down hill. Graduating there myself, I know a good education can come from this district.

Cardinal Middle-Senior High School
4045 Ashland Rd, Eldon, IA  52554
Last modified Cardinal Middle-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cardinal Middle-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top