Iowa City, IA

Helen Lemme Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2014
Our first year was HORRIBLE!!!! My child has an IEP, a legal document, but the staff refused to follow it... including the teacher, the principal, the special education teacher, the AEA rep and the counselor. They were all part of the meetings but kept trying other learning methods without telling us. It set my child back a year, confused her, and she lost her confidence!! If you have a child with an IEP or 504 plan, call the AEA regional director personally and locate an ADA attorney so you know you/your child's rights.

Posted December 20, 2012
What an amazing school with respectful children. The teachers and staff are amazing and constantly work to build character. My daughter loves going to school and I am amazed by her growth. The community at Lemme is very supportive and everyone takes pride in being a Lemme Leopard. There is a high parental involvement and many extracurricular activities to keep kids involved and constantly learning. There are many good schools in Iowa City, but we love Lemme and would never consider changing.

Helen Lemme Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Horrible school! The kids swear on the playground! Not to mention that this school only rates at 5 for The Great School ratings which bases it's ratings on ITBS scores and this schools scores are horrible! I don't understand all the parent reviews, how is this a good school? I sure hope the new principal can help this school!

Posted April 26, 2010
We have the best PTA and family involvement. We also have the best teachers in the world and our belevoed principal cannot be rivaled

Posted April 26, 2010
I love everything about Lemme! Great teachers, great fun family activities, awesome principal! We love our school!

Posted April 26, 2010
All my grandchildren go there or will go there and they have the greatest teachers this side of anywhere!

Posted April 26, 2010
I love the school because my Godson's go there and the have really blossomed into young men. They love school and are provided the best education there.

Posted April 26, 2010
Our school exubes total character and community. Our teachers are very involved in providing our children with individualized care and instruction. It is very family centereed and our school symbolizes what a neighborhood school should be and could be with amazing teachers, leadership and family involvement!!

Posted May 15, 2009
The principal, teachers and staff are top notch. There is a feeling of excitement to learn and excell in academics and character that is contagious. The open classrooms allow the students to benefit from being a mentor and to be mentored by each other. I currently have 3 children at Lemme who would love their school!!

Helen Lemme Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2009
Mr. Bacon, the principal is amazing. He has gone to great lengths to instill a program called the 6 pillars of character. I have a 2nd grader and 1st grader who love it. There are 12+ family/school offered activities during the year. Great open communication with school. I am shocked this has such a low rating. This is definately one of the best elementary schools in Iowa City.

Helen Lemme Elementary School
3100 Washington St, Iowa City, IA  52245
Last modified Helen Lemme Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helen Lemme Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top