Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have had the pillars of character for many years and have PAWSOME rules now that are similar.

I've had four children attend Lemme over a span of 15 years. One thing that remains consistent throughout the years is the community feeling you get there. My children are a part of a "family". The unity at Lemme is shared among the teachers & students. Whenever anyone asks where my kids go & we tell them Lemme, they always say something like " oh, they're leopards!" Or "it's great to be a Lemme leopard I've heard", etc. Lemme is more than just " test scores". It's a place where kids feel cared for & that they belong. This says a lot about the dedicated staff especially since they've had several principals the last few years & quite a few teachers retiring. Lemme has a legacy & I'm proud to call Lemme my kid's home away from home.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Three of my kids have had the same teacher and she is fabulous. We are blessed beyond measure.

We have had such a great experience at Lemme. My son is really thriving! I am so impressed with the quality of the teachers and the involvement of the parents and PTA. Principal is kind and truly cares for students.

Our first year was HORRIBLE!!!! My child has an IEP, a legal document, but the staff refused to follow it... including the teacher, the principal, the special education teacher, the AEA rep and the counselor. They were all part of the meetings but kept trying other learning methods without telling us. It set my child back a year, confused her, and she lost her confidence!! If you have a child with an IEP or 504 plan, call the AEA regional director personally and locate an ADA attorney so you know you/your child's rights.

What an amazing school with respectful children. The teachers and staff are amazing and constantly work to build character. My daughter loves going to school and I am amazed by her growth. The community at Lemme is very supportive and everyone takes pride in being a Lemme Leopard. There is a high parental involvement and many extracurricular activities to keep kids involved and constantly learning. There are many good schools in Iowa City, but we love Lemme and would never consider changing.

Horrible school! The kids swear on the playground! Not to mention that this school only rates at 5 for The Great School ratings which bases it's ratings on ITBS scores and this schools scores are horrible! I don't understand all the parent reviews, how is this a good school? I sure hope the new principal can help this school!

We have the best PTA and family involvement. We also have the best teachers in the world and our belevoed principal cannot be rivaled

I love everything about Lemme! Great teachers, great fun family activities, awesome principal! We love our school!

All my grandchildren go there or will go there and they have the greatest teachers this side of anywhere!

Last modified Helen Lemme Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.