Posted September 01, 2014
It is important to understand that Twain's low rating is most likely based on test scores alone. Test scores can be misleading. Twain has a diverse student body, and a wonderful, supporting atmosphere. It is a striving and thriving community, and if you are looking for a school for your child where every teacher will do their best to help your kid as an individual and make sure they perform to the best of their ability, then go to Twain. Go Tigers! (Twain also won "Best Float" at last year's City High Homecoming Parade - because we have students, teachers, and parents that care and support their school wholeheartedly!)

Posted August 01, 2013
Mark Twain is a great school. My children attend and look forward to going to school everyday. The staff is always caring and willing to listen. Go Mark Twain Tigers!!!!!!!

Posted March 04, 2013
This the best elementary school in Iowa City. Don't let the rating fool you. Come to the school and find out yourself.

Posted March 04, 2013
An absolutely fantastic school with unbelievable teachers, staff, and principal! I would urge any prospective Iowa City parent to come check it out.

Posted March 04, 2013
Phenomenal teachers and a diverse student body. My son is a very, very young Kindergartner and already, a few months into his experience at Twain, he's reading books on his own, adding and subtracting, and meeting so many friends from different backgrounds. Most important: He's in love with learning and looks forward to school every day. We've had a great experience so far.

Posted November 19, 2012
The best school in all of Iowa City. Great leadership, wonderful and caring teachers. I would not want our daughter to be in any other school!

Posted March 02, 2012
Twain has a truly remarkable staff of very dedicated teachers led by a strong, attentive and committed principal and supported by an excellent staff. I literally cannot say enough good things about the education that my daughter has received at this school. The school's motto is "We are a responsible, caring, community" and it is true. The overall, holistic commitment to helping students learn and succeed can be felt throughout the school in many, many ways. Iowa City is blessed with many strong schools but Twain is the one that I want my daughter to be in.

Posted March 02, 2010
This school is wonderful! I have no complaints. Twain has wonderful teachers & staff. I feel very lucky that my children go to such a great school!

Mark Twain Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2006

Mark Twain Elementary School
1355 Deforest Ave, Iowa City, IA  52240
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top