Bad
Good

I loved the eduaction quality my child experienced for 3 years. When we had to move to another city, we sure were able to value even more what Lucas offers to parents and children. It is the only school where dads are taking action and doing something for the kids too.

This school has been a very positive expericence for my son and we've enjoyed the families and friends that we've met here. I would say, though, that if you have an above-average intelligent/gifted child that you should consider other schools. Getting teachers to teach beyond the standard fare is difficult but not impossible, depending on who you have. I will say the diversity of ethnicity and socio-economic levels in this school is fantastic--there are folks here from all backgrounds and I think that is an education in and of itself. People are friendly, the PTO is very active, and there is a strong sense of community here. It is a hidden gem, in a sense, with much to offer. It isn't a great school, but it is a very good one.

I love this school. My daughter started Kindergarten this year. Her teachers Mrs Jensen and Mrs Sanders got it lined up with the media center to get some books to help my baby try to understand about death. Her grandma (amma) was very sick these past few weeks and recently died. But we had those books and she was able to better understand what it meant..

Last modified Robert Lucas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.