Riverside, IA

Highland High School 4

Posted February 01, 2011
Highland High School is a smaller school outside of Riverside and Ainsworth, Iowa. It is a nice school to go to because it is small, but it is still big enough to have decent programs offered. The school was built in 1965, but since then there has been many updates and renovations made. There is a brand new library, wrestling room, weight room, three classrooms, and a new central office. The teachers here are about average and there is not many racial comments made, but I'm not a minority. There is a very low drop out rate, but a lot of the kids don't seem to care too much about their grades. It sure beats West of City High.

Highland High School 5

Posted May 20, 2009
i go to school her everyone gets allong i love it here

Highland High School 0

Posted January 16, 2008
I am an recent alumni from this school and my experiences here were fantastic. Especially now that I am out of state, I see in comparison what a wonderful education I have received as opposed to students in other areas. I had fantastic teachers, many of whom were able to make learning fun. It's a small school, but they try hard to excel in providing their students the best. Some college courses are offered onsite for students through Kirkwood. Extra curriculars are not as many as larger schools, but there is still enough to keep a student busy. My teachers and principal could often be strict, and though I hated it then, I appreciate it now. I have never experienced any sort of racism from students or favoritism by faculty at this school. It has always been rather 'cliquey,' but not unfriendly.

Highland High School 2

Posted May 03, 2004
I'm not a parent. I'm a present student at Highland. I personally don't like this school. It is not at all ethnically diverse and that is not a good place for a child to grow. Listening to all of the racial comments day by day and none of the teachers do anything about it. There is no dress code as of yet so the girls there dress pretty much however they want to which, most the time is unapropriate for school. Some of the teachers play favorite's and that's not fare. Some of them over-use Detentions so that now it's to the point where if someone gets a detention it's just like, 'Sure whatever. No big deal.' It's a really small school. Nothing is private.

Highland High School
1715 Vine Ave, Riverside, IA  52327
Last modified Highland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top