West Des Moines, IA

Posted October 23, 2013
My son is in his second year at Sayre and we're very happy with the choice. He loves going to school daily, he enjoys the work, and above all loves Miss Ghrist. The environment is warm, calm, respectful and all the staff members treat the children with dignity. At Sayre, they recognize and build up the child's natural motivation and curiosity. The lessons are not about passing standards but about giving care and attention to every life process from taking out materials to putting them away with care. For me, they provide what is missing in a conventional education.

Posted June 05, 2013
Sayre Montessori is a great school. Our daughter has been very happy there, and we have also been pleased with the progress that she has made while attending. The teachers & director truly care about her needs and her learning. I also love the fact that they really stress that parents provide healthy nutrient rich foods with limited sugar content. They recognize that education is not just putting a lesson in front of children, but rather all the experiences that one has contribute to learning. So happy with Sayre!!

Posted May 22, 2013
My children go to Sayre currently (and since 2010), and it is a wonderful school. If you are considering it for your child, or would even simply like to come and learn about Montessori, please come observe a classroom in addition to reading internet reviews to guide your decision. Having our children at Sayre has always been a very positive experience.

Sayre Montessori School 2

Posted March 20, 2013
My daughter attended Sayre for a time and had a truly awful experience. What started out well quickly became a nightmare for her due to intolerance for her learning style and an overly regimented and authoritarian staff. My daughter is now in therapy due to the stress she endured there. I would strongly discourage anyone from sending their child to Sayre.

Posted January 12, 2012
Following an unexpected move from the east coast, our 4 year old son was enrolled at Sayre this fall. Being new to the Montessori concept, we weren't sure if we were doing the right thing but were impressed by the staff/teachers and the cleanliness of the school and decided to go with it. Only a few months in, we cannot express our delight with how much our son loves the school and how well his education is progressing. The individual attention and positive reinforcement he gets is incredible, and each child works at their own pace. My wife and I could not more highly recommend Sayre. The passion and qualifications of the teachers are top notch, and classrooms and shared space are always immaculate. We are so delighted to have found Sayre.

Posted April 13, 2011
Sayre Montessori School is a fantastic school. We are so glad we found the school!

Posted August 26, 2010
I am a parent at Sayre and it has an absolute wonder for our daughter. We live in Johnston, which has some of the best test scores in the state. For our 'conventional learner' sixteen yr old son, Johnston has been ok, but our daughter is a different type of learner. After failing to find open and mutual ground with her Johnston teacher, we moved to Sayre mid-year of first grade. From day one, the Sayre staff was concerned, warm, and welcoming. They wanted to know and listen to us as parents, and spent several days getting to know our daughter before she enrolled. Class size is small and attention oriented. The art and music is wonderful. The teachers and staff care. This is a quality school for your children. Those who have complained here really need to be more specific and fair in their criticisms, and should have contributed more

Sayre Montessori School 1

Posted July 20, 2010
We were very happy at Sayre for the last several years. Unfortunately, with the changes in staff and leadership, it has become a cold and unloving school, devoid of respect for the students and their needs.

Posted November 11, 2008
This is my son's second year at Sayre and we have been extremely happy with his progress both academically and socially. Sayre is one of the best schools in the Des Moines Metro. My son is only 4, and already doing some 1st grade work. Sayre is everything we look for in a school. Diversity, Academic challenge, great teachers, great parents, and great students.

Posted March 31, 2008
This is an excellent school. This is the second year that my son has gone there. We were going to put him in public schools next year but we are going to continue with this school for 6 more years. My son has been able to learn at his own pace which is faster than what he was getting in preschool. He is farther advanced than friends that he has of the same age. I would recommend this school to anyone that wants thier children to get ahead and have a good education.

Sayre Montessori School
1700 28th Street, West Des Moines, IA  50266
Last modified Sayre Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Sayre Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top