Bad
Good

My family was warmly welcomed at Sunflower Elementary. Unfortunately, there are many students with behavioral issues that consume their teacher's attention at the expense of the other students. I would like to see more homework and parental involvement in the classroom. Our kids are happy at this school.

This school began well for us, the pre-k teacher recommended we get our child evaluated and set her up for IEP testing. Kindergarten went well, but first grade was a nightmare. Neither that teacher or the Spec Ed teacher had a clue. The principal sat in on our yearly IEP meetings, and it was clear that the staff was afraid to comment in her presence. The district autism coordinator did her best to work with this staff, but I guess there's no fixing some things. Finally she was able to get our child moved to a different school and life has been so much better.

We have been in the Sunflower school system for 3 years now and just adore this school! The teachers that we've encountered have all be fantastic. Communication is wonderful. The principal and staff are all professional, courteous, and friendly. By far the best school we've dealt with. Plenty of activities planned for the kids throughout the school year. The small rock climbing wall in the gym is my son's favorite of course. I really just can't say enough positive about this school. Lots of great support and just an exceptional staff!

My son started kindergarten this year. He has enjoyed the teachers and the kids. We were apprehensive of putting him in all day kindergarten, but he loves it. The sunflower staff has been more flexible with us and our situation. He has to miss a week of school every month, but it has worked out very well. Great school hands down!

My sons attended Sunflower while we were stationed at McConnell AFB and they loved it. I loved it too, the teachers were phenomenal, the office staff were extraordinarily friendly and the principal is a total sweetheart. I cried when we left to go to a new base. I hope we can come back to Sunflower when we are done with our current assignment!

My son goes to Sunflower and to me this is the best school for him.I love the staff and teachers.They are Wonderful.My son is doing better here than in Wichita Ks Schools. After a year in wichita I just had to move back to Andover.Safer neighborhood and Great Schools..Andover Schools gets a AAAAA++++++ from me.

We have been at sunflower for the past 4 years and have enjoyed the teachers, students and parents. I have been very happy with this school.

Last modified Sunflower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.