Fort Riley, KS

Posted August 23, 2011
My 3 daughters are in their second year and I am glad we are moving next month. My youngest's first day of school was trying (we found out she has Autism Spectrum Disorder) and the principal suggested that she was not ready for school. Can you believe that??? In spite of her Autism Spectrum Disorder, my daughter reads, spells, and comprehends at a much higher grade level, but apparently she wasn't ready for school. Luckily she had a fantastic teacher who, unfortunately decided to retire. One of the office staff members is really nice and actually actually knows my name and my wife's name. The administration of the school is a disorganized mess.

Custer Hill Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2010
The previous teacher was great during 2nd grade...then we started 3rd grade, this teacher has used intimidation, humiliation, and physical correction for discipline. I am not supposed to mention names on this website, but this teacher still teaches there! My child has never been scared of school until this! After we moved, my child has been happy, is now in 4th grade and is currently getting A's and B's...

Posted April 28, 2010
My children have gone to Custer Hill for 3 years and we love the great invironment and the love that is given to the children each and everyday.

Posted March 25, 2010
Wouldn't it be nice to see all the positive comments about CU rather than just the one negative once in a while. CU is a great school with all its staff highly dedicated to the success of its students. Parent involvement has increased incredibly this year alone. Testing scores are looking great. All schools have rules that need to be followed to ensure the safety of all in the school. My children have attended CU from K-5, and I have been very involved. Pleased to have called CU our school!

Custer Hill Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2010
This school by far is the worst. The teachers are very nice and really seem to care for the children. My the office staff, sec. assist prin. and prin. are absolutely awful! They treat the school as if its a military school. The lunch room, they are always yelling at the kid's, the kid's are not allowed to talk, or they have to sit at a table by themselves. Something really needs to be done about this school, its not fair to the kids...

Posted November 10, 2007

Posted October 03, 2007

Custer Hill Elementary School 4

Posted December 07, 2006
My children have attended Custer Hill since August 2006. I am very pleased with this school, and the teachers that my children have. Every need has been met, and my children have done nothing but excel. My daughter is above average and goes to a higher grade for reading. My son needs speech, and is given that on a regular basis. The only thing that disappoints me with this school, or any public school is the fundraisers. Although this school has a fun carnival, which the kids just love, it is very difficult to attend those kinds of things with four children that want everything they see.

Posted February 09, 2006
I used to think that the school was wonderful and then my child started attending, and boy was I wrong. The staff is very snotty when there is parent involvement and try to teach respect and responsiblity but son't give it to the children. Several times spelling lists and other school papers were not ready in time for the children to study and the test was still given! On another occasssion my daughter had been sick but still wanted to attend school, which I allowed. Half way through the day she felt she was going to get sick and tried to get to the garbage can, at which point she was told to sit down cause she didn't have permission to be out of her seat...then she got sick all over the table and the teacher proceeded to complain (in front of my daughter) how NOW her class smelled!

Posted January 14, 2005
Both of my children have attended Custer Hill since Kindergarten and I have nothing but the highest praise for the teachers there. Anytime I have requested a conference, the teachers were glad to meet with me. Parent involvement is crucial to your child's education, it is not just the teachers responsibility. I have always volunteered in my children's classrooms and been active at school as well as in the PTO. The teachers have always welcomed me into their classrooms. Custer Hill provides a well rounded education for ALL students and a very caring staff. I am thankful that my children have had the opportunity to attend this school and receive a quality education.

Custer Hill Elementary School
6344 Hampton Place, Fort Riley, KS  66442
Last modified Custer Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Custer Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top