Bad
Good

I have been very impressed with this school. They have gone out of their way to make sure he is challenged. If I have a concern I have had no issue with calling the school and someone gets back with me. The Principal and Vice Principal are available-not cloistered away from the public. The counselors are great. His teacher this year has been one of the best he has ever had. The only issue I have is with PE. It seems like the teacher doesn't "notice" things that are going on and seems more like an army drill Sgt. I know kids are supposed to start becoming more independent but they are still youths and still need guidance and proper role modeling. (And it would be nice if the l used parent volunteers more often :) Excellent school!

The Wheatridge middle school is better than this one!!! They're better in sports, test grades,...

This is an amazing school. The Vice Principal and Principal are wonderful people and some of the most involved school officials I have encountered. My son has gone to PRMS for the las 3 years and we could not have asked ofr a better middle school experience. The school offers great programs and great teachers. I would highly recommend this school to anyone thinking of relocating to the area.

This school allowed by child to be bullied and did nothing about it. The principal and vice principal were not concerned with the continued bullying and would not do anything about it. Beware of this school and the principal / vice principal

I was really leery about changing my sons school this year because he was comfortable and doing well at his old one. I'm very pleased with the way they have made arrangements for my son(12) to be challenged. Due to his high intelligence level he gets extremely bored with basic studies. Pioneer Ridge has done their best to keep his mind working and he loves it.

Great school, great teachers that really care, and make learning fun. I wish there was more parent involvement opportunities, but the kids are growing up!

The review from March 7, 2009 speaks for itself. The truth is that PRMS has earned the Kansas state standard of excellence in Math and Reading, across 4 grade levels - more than most other middle schools - every year since they've been open. This year, they received the Governer's Achievement Award, which is only given to the top 5% of schools in Kansas. In other words, this is one of the top 12 schools in the state. The school state-of-the-art technologically, and employs many award-winning teachers. Opportunities exist for kids in the 5-8th grades in many areas including community leadership, orchestra, athletics, drama, and many more. Through my job, I have worked with MANY of the schools Johnson County, and I believe that PRMS is one of the very best, and the Governor seems to agree with me.

Amazing teachers and the best looking middle school I have ever seen.

Pioneer Ridge Middle School has great teachers who really care about the students!!

I love this school!!! They scored well on the State Assesments and my kids always love their teachers! I help my children with homework, I don't expect the teacher to. I help my kids with studing for the assesment tests!! I am the parent and I don't need anyone to tell me to get involved I am involved! and the teachers have been great! They are always happy to answer any questions about homework or anything really.

Last modified Pioneer Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.