Gardner, KS

Nike Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2014
While I am not trying to diminish other parents' experience with Nike, I have a hard time understanding the dissention directed towards the school. When my son had started kindergarten here last year, he was not only new to school but to KS. Thanks to his peers and the Nike staff, he adjusted well and is thriving academically and socially. The principal can be seen every morning walking the halls and greeting her students by name. The office staff has gone above and beyond to ensure that parents and students have what they need in a quick and efficient manner. They are always happy to help, no matter how many times you call on them. I've never felt unwelcome visiting my child here, whether it's attending movie night or dropping by for the holiday parties. There hasn't been any pressure to perform academically, and the teachers give you everything you need to supplement your students learning at home to retain what they've learned at school. My son did not attend preschool, and he does very well here. Often we can lose sight of the fact that it's a parent/teacher collaboration that helps our student learn, not one or the other. Great school with a wonderful staff!

Nike Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2012
So far it is only the second day of Kindergarten. My vaccination info was lost before school even started. Meet the teacher night, had to go up to my sons teacher 3 separate times before she even acknowledged us to say hi. Then had to go back the 4th time to get his name tag. I found this very frustrating, and it hurt my sons feelings because he felt like she didn't like us and didn't want to go to school. First day of school my son did fine, walked him to class and advised the teacher that I would be picking him up that day and after that he would be riding the bus to and from school. Next day bus tried to pick him up at the wrong address, and the teacher forgot that he was riding the bus (all my paper work was filled out in his enrollment that he was a bus rider) I was not happy to get a call to hear that my son had not made it on the bus. I feel like this school lacks professionalism, communication, and overall just doesn't care.

Nike Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2012
We have not not been impressed with the overall professionalism of the office staff or leadership of the school. We usually feel unwelcomed by the office staff whenever we try visit our student. Our overall impression is that the leadership of the school views parents as a nuisance rather than partners in educating our children. We have been blessed with a good teacher for our child. Unfortunately, I believe she has beeb told to focus on bringing up test scores for the entire class rather than educating.

Nike Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2012
My son attended Nike from August - January; we were in the process of moving to Olathe and did everything possible to work with the school's staff to create a good experience for our son and to transition him well. Our impression was that they only cared about getting him out of the school once they heard we were considering moving. We did not feel any sense of concern or empathy for the transition impact to our 6 year old; they provided us with inappropriate expectations about being able to complete the school year and then we ended up having to start him at a new school partway through his last semester of Kindergarten. Not one of the staff members said anything to us about his departure (sorry to see him go, we hope it goes well, anything we can do to help, etc.). We left with a VERY bad impression. We received inconsistent communication from his teacher, we weren't aware of what he was working on in class so that we could help reinforce at home. The only communication we received was a weekly "newsletter" with overall highlights.

Nike Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2009
I had all three of my kids going there. The faculty is second to none! Always great communication from principal on down. The only complaints we have ever had were with some district policies never with the school itself. When kids got out of hand they handled it immediatly and with great judgement. Moving out of state this year and regreat that my kids will not be attending Nike any longer. Alicia

Nike Elementary School
19500 South Gardner Rd, Gardner, KS  66030
Last modified Nike Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nike Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top