Manhattan, KS

Posted November 08, 2013
I am very pleased with Anthony Middle School!! The teachers really invest time and effort into each student and it shows!! My son is an eighth grader there and has some of the best teachers ever!! Mrs. Harris, Mrs. Pickler...they are such a dynamic duo and have really helped my son blossom this year!! I am forever indebted to them!! So proud my son is an Anthony Tornado!!

Posted March 04, 2010
I loved this school. The teachers really take the time to help you and most of the teacher let you come in before and afther school if you need help which is never helpful. I wish we had more after school activites other than sports there only 3 other clubs that meet after school. I think that the parnets are very helpful and very involved in the school. I felt that i was very safe at school and they take the disipline very seriously we have are fights here and there but there is not a lot maybe 3 or 4 a the whole school year which i like because i hate when they happen. i loved this school there is a lot of reaaly cool no core classes. I loved this school and I will miss going to it ever one is very helpful and care about you.

Posted November 13, 2009

Posted August 17, 2009
Okay as for the first review, they are completely wrong. Everyone is very nice. As for extracurricular activities they have: a play, basketball team(girls and boys), football team, volleyball team, cross country team, wrestling team, track team, leadership club, pride club, stuco, sign language club, scitech club, debate club, and my personal favorite, a tennis team!!!!!! they also take bullying very seriously

Posted March 24, 2009
My son went to Susan B. Anthony last year and did great. He participated in Band and Choir. My daughter is going there this year and loves it! She is also in Choir. She has traveled and performed several times. We are big fans of Susan B. Anthony.

Posted June 11, 2006
Anthony M.S. was a great experience for our son. His teachers really cared how the students were doing - if they were 'getting it.' The teachers also were concerned about the safety of the students. The school principal is fairly new, but she was wonderful and really made an effort to get to know the students and to talk to parents one-on-one about her observations. Overall - a surprisingly good middle school experience!

Posted February 19, 2005
I completely disagree with the previous review. I believe Anthony M.S. is a wonderful school environment with teachers and staff that truly care about our children. I have had excellent responses from all my son's teachers, and they have been very supportive. The new school principal approached me to give me some unsolicited positive feedback, which was great. The only complaint I have is regarding the beginning of the year. There is very little communication about the parent meetings, e.g. how they're conducted, should the student be present, how long it will take, etc. More explanation should be provided to students/parents regarding this.

Posted November 30, 2004
- a former student
I was a student at AMS for only one year, my 7th grade year. This school was one of my favorites of 7 schools in 11 years of schooling. That year I was in the play 'How to eat like a child', I was in choir, art, and My favorite teacher ever, Mr. Pickler was there. My favorite thing was the dances. The only thing wrong with this school is that there was no cheerleading. As a cheerleader today those extra years would have helped, even if there are no stunts the experience is invaulable. Just tey to get a cheer squad started there. Plus, this adds another sport that Susan B. can excel at.

Susan B Anthony Middle School 1

Posted June 06, 2004
This school is quite possibly the worst choice you could make for your child. I would recommend anywhere else for that matter better than here. The staff is also very rude except for Ms. Pujol. She is the only positive asset to this school. They also have bassically no extracurricular activities.

Susan B Anthony Middle School
2501 Browning, Manhattan, KS  66502
Last modified Susan B Anthony Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Susan B Anthony Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top