Bad
Good

This school is AMAZING for so many reasons! The Principal is outstanding, every teacher leads with compassion and patience, the counselor exemplifies kindness to the highest degree, the music teacher has a heart of gold and stays very busy teaching kids to learn about the music they love, and my kids are EXCITED to go to school. They are educational AND fun!! This is exactly what every parent dreams of having for their children.

We LOVE this school! Dr. What is a great, caring principal! All the kids seen to really enjoy their time at school and school functions. Los of learning happening here!!

Green Springs has a small, neighborhood school feel. Parents are very involved; so much so that we've had to hold lotteries for parents to come on field trips and awards ceremonies and other special assemblies are always packed! Our school, overall, has a great, close-knit community feel and we're very happy to send our children to Green Springs.

We have been very pleased with our experience at Green Springs. The Principal, Dr. Wheat is outstanding with the students. There are programs and awards that encourage good behavior. The school has 350 students so the class sizes are smaller. Mrs. H, the counselor is very compassionate and talented and our teacher has been a gem.

We have 3 kids who have all attended GS. The school does an excellent job of engaging the students. We have 2 gifted students and both were challenged and motivated and are doing great in jr and sr high respectively. Our last child is in her last year there and loves the school and the staff - especially the Spanish teacher!

My son has always struggled with the social aspect of school. The Olathe School District has been so great at providing opportunities for him to overcome his weaknesses and learn the skills he needs to be a successful student. He now attends Green Springs and is doing great. He still has his moments, but has so many people at Green Springs there to help him through his struggles: The guidance counselor (whom I love), a social worker (whom I also love), and a fantastic teacher. They have all really sought to understand my child and tailor his school days so he can learn what he needs to and have a great experience while doing it.

My daughter is a second grader at Green Springs. The teachers and counselor are very kind and truly care for the students.

My son attends Green Springs. The teachers appear to struggle w/ challenging the kids. I also view the principal as a power hungry ruler. Her ideas and comments fail to have substance or thought process.

I have had 3 kids go through Greensprings and I love it. They all enjoyed both the social and academic aspects. They were well prepared for the next grade levels. Because of the homework, my junior higher now does not struggle and learned early on about striving for excellence.

I considered myself as an observer during my children's first two years in Olathe School District, then as I started getting to know staffs and some parents, it gave me an assurance that elementary schools esp. in Green Springs is a safe and friendly learning environment for kids.

Last modified Green Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.