Overland Park, KS

Posted September 09, 2014
Its my daughter's second year at OTE. The transition from private to public school has been great. Moore is great in communicating with parents and the teachers are always reachable by email and it's nice to know all the happenings. Only regret is its little over crowded with 23 kids in one class

Overland Trail Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2011
Great school and help to our kids. There was a comment on here about needing to improve the communication. I would agree with that, they have just changed their method to email this year and I would say it has improved by 100%. We have two kids in the school and they both love it and get the help/support they need. There are some teacher changes that need to happen but I think that is slowly changing. I would say Mrs. Moore has done a great job of putting the right teachers in the right places.

Posted February 11, 2009
I am extremely happy with the school and my daughter, who is in K, loves it. The principal does not run the school with an iron hand but she does have high expectations for the staff as well as the children. And as a result my daughter has matured alot in the last 6 months. If there are any problems, I am always notified but more than likely the situation was handled at school. Nothing major. It's not up the the school to discipline students. It's the parents responsibility.

Overland Trail Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2009
The principal and lots of staff run this school with an iron hand! Not a warm, loving environment. Look around before you put your child here and compare! There are much better schools in Blue Valley.

Posted August 24, 2008

Overland Trail Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2008
We have been very pleased with our experience at OTE. Mrs. Moore is always available and easy to work with. She made our transition from private to public school a breeze!

Posted May 15, 2008
OTE is awesome! The staff cares about their students. The principal has high expectations and had made significant changes in the past three years to better the school's effectiveness. I am in the school daily and have seen with my own eyes the hard work that goes on there. Students are learning and happy! They practice what they say...Children First! I'm glad we found OTE!

Overland Trail Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2006
I can only speak from my family's own experience, but I do not believe this is a good school. Classrooms are overcrowded and discipline is lacking. My child was harrassed by another child in the classroom and very little was done by either the teacher or the principal to rectify the situation. We finally fixed it ourselves...by leaving OTE. There are definitely better schools in Johnson County.

Posted May 27, 2006
OTE is a great school. There are a few wrinkles to be ironed out but a lot of that is due to the fact that it has had 3 principals in 3 years and is a bit overcrowded. I think the real problem at OTE is the parents and the rumor mill. The principal is doing a great job and has had to make several unpopular decisions that the teaching staff requested. This is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are top notch and care about the children and their education. I think that is what is important. .

Overland Trail Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2006
I have been quite disappointed in OTE. Many of the classes are overcrowded (23 kids in kindergarten). OTE also lacks many features of other BV Elementary schools. There is no full day kindergarten option (with the overcrowding I don't see this happening soon if at all). OTE also lacks on-site speech and physical therapy for pre-k. The morale is very low right now.

Overland Trail Elementary School
6225 West 133rd St, Overland Park, KS  66209
Last modified Overland Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Overland Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top