Bad
Good

Its my daughter's second year at OTE. The transition from private to public school has been great. Moore is great in communicating with parents and the teachers are always reachable by email and it's nice to know all the happenings. Only regret is its little over crowded with 23 kids in one class

Great school and help to our kids. There was a comment on here about needing to improve the communication. I would agree with that, they have just changed their method to email this year and I would say it has improved by 100%. We have two kids in the school and they both love it and get the help/support they need. There are some teacher changes that need to happen but I think that is slowly changing. I would say Mrs. Moore has done a great job of putting the right teachers in the right places.

School needs to implement better communication with parents when certain event happen to your child. The principal needs to have better leadership over her staff. PTA involvement is excellent.

I am extremely happy with the school and my daughter, who is in K, loves it. The principal does not run the school with an iron hand but she does have high expectations for the staff as well as the children. And as a result my daughter has matured alot in the last 6 months. If there are any problems, I am always notified but more than likely the situation was handled at school. Nothing major. It's not up the the school to discipline students. It's the parents responsibility.

The principal and lots of staff run this school with an iron hand! Not a warm, loving environment. Look around before you put your child here and compare! There are much better schools in Blue Valley.

We have been very pleased with our experience at OTE. Mrs. Moore is always available and easy to work with. She made our transition from private to public school a breeze!

OTE is awesome! The staff cares about their students. The principal has high expectations and had made significant changes in the past three years to better the school's effectiveness. I am in the school daily and have seen with my own eyes the hard work that goes on there. Students are learning and happy! They practice what they say...Children First! I'm glad we found OTE!

Last modified Overland Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.