Shawnee Mission, KS

Shawanoe Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
I went to this school for part of my second and part of my third grade year. I'm now in tenth grade. I met many nice teachers. I remember the cards they sent home. If it had red, you were bad, green was excellent, yellow was you were okay, maybe a couple of problems...I didn't get to stay here long, but I miss everyone!

Shawanoe Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2009
The problem at this school is the principal. She is cold and undesirable. I have twice tranferred my children out! It's absolutely horrible.

Posted December 31, 2007
The teachers here are wonderful. Principal Zirbel really cares about the students. My children love it here.

Posted December 31, 2007
This is a great school and the staff truly does care about the kids. They Principle here is amazing and is one of the most dynamic Administrators around.

Shawanoe Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2007

Shawanoe Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2004
The teachers at this school have been great. The class size is small, and my son really enjoys school. My only complaint in 3 years has been persistant problems with the afterschool care program. The director and staff are inexperienced with children in discipline. The have not adequately responded to discipline issues with several children in the program. Just today my son along with the other children were sat in a gym for 20 minutes silently because they were 'not following the rules of the game.' Seems a bit harsh for kindergarten through 5th grade. This issue remains unresolved, and I will update these comments as they become resolved. I chose to transfer my son to this school because of afterschool care, and next year will be transferring him out.

Posted November 24, 2003
Wonderful teachers that spend lots of time encouraging and working one on one with students. My children have learned more here than any school they've attended. The after care program leaves a bit to be desired, which is the only complaint I've ever had. The principal is anxious to talk to parents and listen to concerns, and the teachers call when there is a problem. This school really makes you feel as though a team effort is going into your child's education, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Shawanoe Elementary School
11230 West 75th, Shawnee Mission, KS  66214
Last modified Shawanoe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawanoe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top