Bad
Good

My daughter is finishing her second year at Brooks and thriving. The STEAM focus is always evident, the teachers have been wonderful and the administration has been responsive to any concerns we have had. The rules are more strict than the neighborhood middle schools we are familiar with and they are enforced. My younger kids can't wait to attend Brooks over the next few year.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some nights my daughter has homework, other nights there is none. If she has a project, she is given plenty of notice of the due date to get it done in time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school focuses on what they call the ABCs: Academics, Behavior and Character. Awards are presented to the students who exemplify these traits.

I applied for a Magnet School for both my daughters, 1 in 6th grade and another in 8th, we were given Brooks Middle Magnet, my daugjters have only been going there a week and I am pulling them OUT! We were so excited that they would be able to participate some great extras the school has to offer. Yet, the students and teachers are so bad that they would be a great detriment to my daughters education. The students are constantly cussing and the teachers don't do anything about it. The stick that broke the camels back is a teacher asking her whole class to give other students talking the stink eye and then telling them to kick the students whom were still talking. In which one did. I cannot believe the actions of these teachers. I DO NOT recommend anyone sending their children to this school!

My daughter started middle school here. She had a math teacher that flat out refused to communicate with us and help her. She lost a year of her education while we were trying to come up with ways to help her. The VP finally said he could not make the teacher do her job, due to the union. Thankfully, that particular teacher was only there for another year and is gone now. However, we pulled our daughter out. There was a lot of defiance with the teachers and the new principal, which in no way was helping the students. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Although we had one principal that worked diligently to help us move through what turned out to be a nightmare year for my child, he could not do it on his own and it seemed that this was the case for the majority of the year. I would not recommend this school for anyone who has a student that does not fare well in large groups or is shy in any capacity, as they will most certainly get lost in the crowd and become a victim. Unfortunately my child came in to this school with high hopes, high grades and high self esteem but left it devastated and broken in her spirit. I would be very careful in considering this school for any child.

teachers are so helpful and fun to be around. they know when to be serious and when to joke around. Even our vice principle is fun to be around.

My Daughter just loves this school because of what it has to offer the Kids.

this is the greatest school on the planet . i would send my children here any day. i love this school. and no other school is better .

The school is a very good school all though some tahers do not teach up to the standards of me and my parents!Although they do not teach up to standards the exploratoryand extracurricular activitys are very nice...

Last modified Brooks Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.