PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Posted July 10, 2013
My son LOVES this school! And I love the education he is getting. He just finished kindergarten and is reading at a 2nd-3rd grade level! His teachers there have been wonderful. Caring, compassionate, and qualified. The Head of School, Shelli, is AMAZING! She knows all of the kids and their families and wants the best for every child. Small class sizes, Christian values, academic excellence...you can't go wrong! I'm so glad that we enrolled our son here. Our second son will start preschool here in the Fall! I can't wait to see what kind of growth happens for him! Please take the time to tour the school. Your child's education at this stage is so important! Your money is well-spent here.

Posted May 01, 2012
The thing I like most about WFS is the small class size. This allows the teacher to be flexible and tailor the learning needs to the children.

Posted April 10, 2012
There are so many things to love about Wichita Friends School. The children are happy and eager learners there. This is a direct result of creative teaching. Each teacher and staff member knows each student and speaks directly and consistently to the development of values and academics of that child. The staff is a team. They step in, in support of each other for the efficient goal of quality education and smooth function. Parents and grandparents also work on the team. Personally, my grandson has grown leaps and bounds in his first year. The reading program, Alphabetic Phonics, is expanding his ability to both read and comprehend. Socially, he is learning to look adults in the eye and speak to them. Physically, he benefits from exercise and fresh air on the nice playground and equipment. Spiritually, he has been asking thoughtful questions and expressing care for God's other creatures as well as singing songs that melt a Grandmother's heart. He has learned to say "thank you" for his blessings, and joyfully participates in service activities of the school. I am so grateful children have the opportunity to build solid foundations through Wichita Friends School.

Posted September 01, 2011
Unless your children have issues, don't waste your money or time here! If you do consider, check teachers and head of school credentials, you might be shocked!!

Posted July 18, 2008
I am a graduate of Wichita Friends School, and was very pleased of the education I recieved while in attendance. The school prepared me for higher education after graduation and I remained in the top 5% of my class throughout high school. I also was able to take many AP classes and found that I was very prepared, sometimes more than other students who did not get an educational basis at WFS. I graduated with honors and went on to attend the University of Utah where I am above my class ranking in credits and part of the Honors College. Without an educational foudnation from WFS I would not be as prepared in my academic studies or my spirituality.

Posted October 30, 2007
My children have attended Wichita Friends School for over 8 years. This Christian School puts into practice Christian behavior like no other. My first child, who is academically bright, was very advanced compared to his peers when he entered the middle school system. Even though he was placed in accelerated classes, it was a repeat of what he learned at Friends. His confidence and ability to deal with others has been his greatest gift from Friends School. The peaceful conflict resolution taught him how to deal properly with others. My other student is also gifted and is currently performing anywhere from 1 to 5 grades above her current 'grade level.' I know that my family has been truly blessed to find a school that deals with gifted students.

Posted September 26, 2007
This school was a disappointment. My child needed accelerated learning resources that were not available. The combination classrooms were difficult for her to receive the intensive instruction she needed at her grade level. I was not able to monitor her progress accurately because there were no set standards or guidelines available for my review. This school also supports children with social and/or emotional behaviors, which can be a lifesaver for some parents, and a deterrent for others. I would not recommend this school to a parent looking for a quality private school to accelerate their child and go above and beyond city or state standards.

Posted July 19, 2007
This school is a spiritual garden of growth and learning. If you want a school that will take the extra hours to go that extra mile with your student, this is your school.

Posted June 07, 2007
Our family has been delighted with Wichita Friends School! The Christian atmosphere and expectations are modeled by the teachers and staff. They have a wonderful program in place for Peaceful Conflict resolution which teaches the children how to address problems. This has been very helpful for our daughter. The academics expectations are high, but they are balanced with an emphasis on the multiple gifts that each individual possess. The small classes are great and allow the teacher time to really work with the student individually. We found that our daughter made huge strides both academically and socially. She also enjoyed the opportunities to participate in music and drama.

Posted May 25, 2007
We were at one time happy with the school. It had pretty good teachers and seemed to be a good place to be. When my child left the school we found out that they did not prepare the students for other schools. My child had a hard time keeping up because what all the other kids already knew, he had never been taught. If I could ask for a refund I would.

Wichita Friends School
14700 U.S. 54, Wichita, KS  67235
Last modified Wichita Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Wichita Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top