Bad
Good

Posted December 05, 2014
I absolutely love this school. Not only is a great school academically but it is also one with many wonderful and caring teachers and teacher's aids. They go out of their way to make you feel important and welcome. I contemplated sending my child to private school but I am so glad I decided to give this school a try. My child has been there for 4 years and I couldn't be happier.

Posted October 17, 2014
CRS is a great place to learn, grow, and build memories. The school is built on approximately 1/2 acre of land with a grassy field, blacktopped area, basketball court, wooded area with trail and pond, and formal playground with swings, climbing wall, jungle gym, slides, pulley, monkey bars, and project fitness area. The school building has 14 classrooms, computer lab, library, multi-purpose room, several offices, and closets. There are 6 computers in every classroom with a projector/SmartBoard/cabletv/DVD/VCR/Xbox Kinect set up. The library has 12 computers, Smart/Board/projector/cable tv and an average circulation of 10,000 reading materials per year. The computer lab has 31 computers, SmartBoard/projector/cable tv and color laser printer. The school has a 30-laptop mobile lab and 30-tablet mobile cart. The school sponsors a student-member Safety Patrol, after-school Student Technology Leadership Program, and Academic Team. Unique to the school are a weekly strings class and harmonica class. Special events include a Fall Festival, 5th grade play, Christmas and Veteran's Day programs. Parent Volunteer groups are the PTO and Watch DOGS.

Charles Russell Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten. Her teacher mrs. Bonner is a very good teacher. My daughter has gone from not being able to spell her name last summer to reading since starting kindergarten. The principal seems to really care about the students. He's even paid for field trips out of his own pocket. There are a lot of activities throughout the year for the kids. If I had to say one downside I'd say for kindergarten they do give a lot of homework. More than I think necessary.

Charles Russell Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
We have had far too few positive experiences at Charles Russell. The office staff never returns your call, the teachers send all the work home for you to teach your child ( I have no clue what they do at school all day!), and non-existent feedback from the principle. I am extremely disappointed with this school. Do your child a favor and do not waste their potential on this mindless institution.

Charles Russell Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2011
Can't wait till my son is out of this school.. My son makes awesome grades. But that's because I have to study with him.. No thanks to the teacher.. She had me thinking that my son had ADHD when he doesn't she is lazy and can't control any of her kids in that class.. I have more bad things to say than good.. We move due to the job my husband has and for the first time I can't wait to move again all because of this school.. They can't even get the pot holes in the parking lot fixed.. Great School! I think not.. The testing scores are not good.. What are the kids really learning.. I think it's time for fresh new teachers to enter the school and let the older teachers retire because they don't love their job and are tired of teaching.. Let's get it together Charles Russell the kids are our future..

Posted March 09, 2011
I love our school! We have great teachers that are very involved in making sure the children have a successful school year. Mr. Salyers is a great principal who really cares about the students. I love the small class sizes, they get more one on one attention. My children are supposed to go to Poage, but I'm so glad we have them in Charles Russell. Absolutely amazing place for the kids!!!

Posted November 20, 2008
I love charles russell, i'd never go anywhare else. we have great teachers. Our principal could do but i have never been to a different elementary school and never will!

Charles Russell Elementary School

Posted October 05, 2008
Charles Russell has been wonderful experience for my child. They offer a terrific STLP program, an excellent Academic team and super supportive teachers. My daughter has had a wonderful experience and I can't imagine sending her anywhere else.

Posted June 12, 2008
Charles Russell has many technology opportunities for my child. I am very pleased with the education she has had so far. I am also impressed with the Reading Recovery program available at this school. No where else could a student get individual tutoring for 20 weeks if needed. Way to go Charles Russell.

Charles Russell Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2007
My children have since left this school but as I reflect back on their time spent there, I wish that I would have pulled them sooner and placed them in the school that I placed them in. Send your child wherever you wish but if you send them to this school you will never know their full potential.

Charles Russell Elementary School
1100 Russell Street, Ashland, KY  41101
Last modified Charles Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.