Posted May 12, 2012
This is great school, teachers and students are friendly. It;s a small school, but they offered lot of classes, include challenge AP and Honor classes.

Berea Community High School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
I went there and it was great, and five of my seven children have attended and they are all doing fabulous.

Posted October 02, 2009
It is a small school where everyone knows each other (teachers and students). They also have the best guidance counselor in the world. He is so dedicated and cares about all the kids future.

Posted August 07, 2009
This is an excellent school with a vision of taking students to the top of the mountain, not just to the mountain. My children are in the high school and I could not dream of having them at any of the other area schools. This is a unique, carring school that brings out the best in all students. The school has seen a huge improvement over the last 5-10 years and is currently the premiere school in the area. A huge thank you to the principal and teachers for making us the envy of the area schools. As a parent, I could not be happier with my children's school.

Berea Community High School 1

Posted December 17, 2008

Berea Community High School 1

Posted April 16, 2008
As a parent of higher achieving students, I would not recommend Berea for higher achieving students. Berea lacks resources to truely educate the higher learners because all of their resources are dedicated to the 'at risk' students. Furthermore, Berea seems to not really care about the higher learners as they are left on their own to survive in school. So if your child is considered a higher learner, please understand that Berea is really not for them.

Berea Community High School 3

Posted February 06, 2008
I am a senior hear and this school isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some of the teachers are good. They focus too much on the student that falls behind. With a limited number of AP classes (2-4 depending on year) and no real honors program, I would say that this school is average at best.

Posted December 08, 2005
- a former student
I am a former student Berea and it is an excellent school academically and surrounded by an outstanding community. I went to Berea which is a 1A school my 11th grade year after spending 2 years at a 3A school in Ashland, Ky and Berea was a remakable improvement for me socially and academically. In most larger schools, students tend to socialize in different crowds, but because of Berea's small size and friendly nature, everyone tends to socialize with everyone. I graduated from Berea with honors in 2002 and made some great lifelong friends in the process. I was only a student there so I can't offer a parents point of view, but I had an excellent experience there as a student. Right now I'm an active duty Marine stationed in Okinawa, but when I get out and have a family I will definately enroll my children in school there.

Berea Community High School 4

Posted November 05, 2005
What an exceptional school with great vision and leadership for providing students with a strong education in a safe environment. This is not our first school but it will (hopefully)be our last. It is a community school where the key is community. We love our school, the community, the kids here, the teachers and the vision of the leadership. As far as our family is concerned...there is none finer!

Posted August 13, 2004
Well I'm not a parent but I am a freshmen in the highschool. I gotta tell you this is a really good school. I mean I have been at Berea since my pre-school year and have never left for reason and I dont plan on it until I graudate but then I am coming right back to teach there. If you are thinking about sending your kids do I mean there is nothing to be scared of dont listen to what other people have to say because this is a really good school.

Berea Community High School
1 Pirate Parkway, Berea, KY  40403
Last modified Berea Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berea Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.