Cold Spring, KY

Donald E. Cline Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
Keep in mind school staff may be writing their own reviews of Cline Elementary! My son is in first grade and there is 30 students in one classroom (very overcrowded). My child is delayed and there for he needs more help then most children. My son comes home upset that when he raises his hand for help in class, his teacher tells him to do the best he can on his own; or she ignores him till he can no longer hold his hand up. How can a teacher deny to help a special needs child? Because of this, my child brings home uncompleted worksheets. Although he does attend I.E.P classes 30 mins a day 4xs a week, sadly it is not helping. My child has told me that his special education teacher gives him the answers and also has him copy what she writes so he can complete worksheets and Ace spelling tests. As a mother, I myself even struggle with trying to teach him but these teachers have a degree to Educate children and they do a terrible job! My son is struggling and this school can't or won't help? .... If you want your child to have a chance of an education look else where!

Posted May 26, 2011
This school is amazing. My boys are in Kindergarten and first grade and I could not be happier! The school secretary Brenda is wonderful, the teachers are fabulous and the principal is very involved with the students. It is amazing what my boys have learned with this year. They truly get one on one attention and are learning so much. When my son hurt his leg he went to school with a slight limp and Brenda called me twice to just let me know he was doing ok because I had called in the morning to let them know he wasn't himself and I was worried he would have problems getting around. They really make you feel like your family is special! If you are thinking of sending your children here do not hesitate, it is the best move you will ever make for your children's future.

Posted April 30, 2010
Cline Elementary has been a great experience for my son. We moved from a much larger school. Cline is smaller and has a very involved group of parents. The teachers are engaging and seem excited about teaching the children. The principal is so kind and loving to the students and seems to really care about each and everyone of them.

Donald E. Cline Elementary School

Posted February 21, 2010
This is the worst school my children have ever attended,

Donald E. Cline Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2010
Due to the lack of education my son has received from cline elementry 4th grade class i was forced to move from coldspring, ky. I found that the teachers and principal were very neglectful with helping my son to advance in his studies that they required. When i asked for help for my son and my questions about thier school to be answer. No one was willing nor able to provide me or my son help!!!!!

Posted September 28, 2004
My daughter just began her third year at Cline and my husband and I are very pleased with the teachers, staff, and curriculum. The principal, Mrs. Wilson, has done a terrific job leading the school and putting an emphasis on the needs of the children. The teachers are very willing and capable to challenge individuals that may be ahead of their peers. We feel they sincerely care about the needs of the children. Cline was a much better choice for our daughter instead of sending her to a private school.

Posted August 26, 2003
I have two children and one is currently in this school and the other attended 2-5 and is now in middle school. I am very happy with the teachers and principals. My children have been very happy there. My older daughter was in the gifted and talented program they have and I believe that she has been challenged appropriately.

Donald E. Cline Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2003
I have two boys that attend Cline elementary. My oldest son started school at Cline in the 3rd grade and my youngest started in kindergarten. I feel that this school has done an injustice to my children. I feel that my children are not getting the education that they deserve. This school does not provide any advance class for the children that need to be challenged. Since my oldest child did go to a different school I am able to compare the current school. My child was in accelerated class since 1st grade, math and reading. I feel that my son is digressing because this school does not have the programs to challenge those kids like my son. My youngest was in 1st grade 2002-2003 school year. There were children in the classroom that could barely read and write, had difficulty with simple arithmetic. I give my son educational work at home because I know he is not being challenged at school.He has been learning fraction and multiplication at home.

Donald E. Cline Elementary School
5586 East Alexandria Dr, Cold Spring, KY  41076
Last modified Donald E. Cline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donald E. Cline Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top