PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 25, 2016
We are a military family. If you are like most of us, you are agonizing over the decision of where to send your child to school, and it's a decision you have to make every couple of years. My daughter just finished her 3rd grade year at HCA and our family couldn't be happier. Excellent academics - her class was always ahead of where her public school peers were. Loving environment - the staff squashes bullying before it has a chance to start. A real Christian atmosphere of acceptance - do your homework carefully, Christian parents! There are Christian schools in this area that do not allow female students to lead prayer because they believe that only men can lead prayer. This is not a message I want to send my daughters and I am so grateful that at HCA, my daughter is taught that she is an equal to her male classmates and not subordinate to them. I am so grateful that we will be here for another school year. My youngest will be attending their preschool in the fall. We love HCA. They wrapped their arms around our family and we couldn't be happier!

Posted October 28, 2011
My family LOVES Heritage Christian Academy! The teachers and faculty are wonderful Christian examples for our children. The teacher/child ratio is excellent. The curriculum is challenging. The facility is clean and neat. We love attending the sports events and experiencing the HCA spirit. GO WARRIORS!

Posted June 05, 2011
Our oldest daughter just graduated from HCA last week with 35 of her closest friends. Over 50% of them have been in class with her since Kindergaraten and they were awarded close to $100,000 in scholarships. She was honored to be a Govenor's Scholar last summer and graduated with over a 4.0 GPA. She was involved in every school organization and a officer in most of them. She is very well prepared for college and WKU this fall. We could not be happier with the Christian based education she received there.

Posted November 29, 2010
We have been at HCA for three years now... preschool and now kindergarten. We came so close to sending our child to public school. I'm so glad we didn't. It's unfortunate that even the best public schools here are far inferior. After talking to another parent who has had children in both the public schools and HCA and hearing that at one of our "best" schools a kindergartener was threatening to kill his classmates, I decided that I had to know that my child was safe and cared for each day. I also had to know that my child was going to school with other children who were being raised in a Christian home that focuses on being a productive member of society and embracing social responsibility. I'm just saying this like it is... this county has some great public school administrators, but the lack of parenting and the prevailing something-for-nothing culture here has destroyed the public schools and the administration's ability to improve it. You can't have good schools when parents don't care how they are raising their children. Teachers and principals can only do so much. I'm thankful for every day that we can keep our child in HCA and out of the public schools.

Posted January 22, 2010
My daughter has been at the school for ten years. We have found that her educational opportunities and needs are met by the educators while keeping her with her age group. She is an above average student. Two years ago, I had her tested at an independent site to make sure her learning was on target and she was above average for her grade and age. During the illness of her Dad, the staff and students were very supportive. Her religious education is excellent. The sports program, academics, and Christian surroundings have been excellent. I have had a child in public school and was not a good experience.

Posted May 03, 2009
We have been at HCA for several years now, and we have enjoyed everyone of them! The teachers are very hepful and caring, and school atmosphere is contagious! It is like a big family! We've had by far, a much better experience at HCA than at UHA. You are genuinely cared about as a student and person inside and outside of school, you are not constantly hounded about fundraising, and everyone is treated fairlyand equally as they should be!

Posted December 12, 2008
I have two daughters that are or have been students at HCA. The eldest, is now enrolled as a freshman at Georgetown College in Lexington , KY and was the recipient of a aubstantial 4 year presidential scholarship. She attend HCA for 13 years, beginning in kindergarden. While at HCA, she also completed 9 hours of dual credit courses at the Hopkinsville community college. She participated in a broad range of scholastic and civic organizations as well as cheerleading. Both she and her younger sister, now a sophmore also participated in advanced and or AP classes. I have said all of this to say that our family could not be more pleased with the opportunities afforded our children by HCA. We feel that the teachers honestly care about each individual student and are all willing to take the time to provide personalized instruction if it is needed. We highly recommend HCA.

Posted July 10, 2008
there are great teachers,escpecially Mrs.Felts! she is so nice and helpful and understanding. And we will all miss Mr.Pritchett, who was my homeroom teacher in the 2006-2007 year. Audrey Barnett of HCA 7th grade 2008-2009

Posted June 26, 2008
Heritage has been a great blessing for us. The faculty and staff have been supportive and kind. There has been no change in staff or facutly - they have been very constant and stable. Living In a district that has a lot of problems with discipline and the educational system as a whole - we are fortunate to have HCA.

Heritage Christian Academy 1

Posted June 25, 2008
My children had been attending Christian Heritage for a while, and things were great, until they let go of alot of great staff. Alot of the other staff left on their own because so many things were going wrong. There are now incompetant people working there. This school is all about money, and not caring at all about the children. Do not take your children here!!!

Heritage Christian Academy
8349 Eagle Way, Hopkinsville, KY  42240
Last modified Heritage Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12