Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have 2 children that attend this school currently. I have always felt, from day 1, that the teachers, the principal and the entire support staff go out of their way to make parents and students feel welcome, engaged, and ready to succeed. The attendance clerk is AMAZING... she knows every child in that school and does a wonderful job keeping watch over all of them. She takes a personal interest, and that couldn't mean more to a concerned parent. The Leader In Me program really sets the tone for that entire school and it shows!! Thank you Lawler Lions!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Leader In Me program instills ALL of the basic skills that these kids will need to be successful, contributing adults to society when they graduate.

Amount of homework: Agree

Both of my children bring home a folder each now. At the beginning of the week, I get a newsletter from the teacher telling me the focus for the week. Then I initial each night that my child has completed their homework and I am aware of their behavior for that current day. I love this system of communication.

I have a special needs daughter that attends Lawler and I couldn't ask for any better care for her. Her educational needs have been met by all teachers and even teachers she doesn't have love her. I know as a parent I play a huge role in my child's educational career, Being involved not only at school but also at home is so important in a child's life. Lawler teachers go above and beyond for their students and families! I am so blessed that my child attends this school and is loved so much!

My autistic son attends this school. It has been nothing but stressful it fighting to get him the help he needs. I went here as a child myself and thought the school was great. Being a parent of a child with special needs has opened my eyes. This school may be great for the typical child with no disabilty, but for the child with the disabilty it is my opinion that educational needs are frequently overlooked. Teachers don't spend the time needed with these kids or at least mine.

This school has teachers who really get the best out of kids!

The school is very warm and friendly, makes students and parents feel welcome. Teachers and principal care about students.

Last modified Oran P Lawler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.