PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 10, 2014
My husband and I have been so happy with my experience at CKS. We have two children currently enrolled and we have been there for 4 years now. The teachers take incredible concern with every aspect of my children's intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth. I feel like we are part of a supportive environment and that my children are very well taken care of. My kids love going to CKS, I love volunteering there, it has been a blessing in our lives. I can't say enough good things!

Posted April 10, 2014
Christ the King is not only a wonderful school but offers students some of the most caring teachers around. Academically - it is far batter than public schools. I volunteer and teach Junior Achievement at various public schools. I'm always comparing my son's class & CKS is almost a grade ahead of Fayette County. A former TLS teacher said the English covered in 4th grade at CKS is similar to 6th grade there. I did not attend Catholic school growing up, but I am so thankful for the school & staff.

Posted April 10, 2014
We have been a part of the CKS family for 7 years now and have been with thrilled with it. Our kids are receiving an excellent education from teachers who really care. Both the academics and sacramental training are very strong. I love that my kids are in a faith based environment that promotes stewardship within our school, parish, and community. We have a new principal this year who is working hard to grow our wonderful school. We have been involved with CKS from the start and have always felt welcomed by the faculty and staff. They really care about our kids and want them to succeed. I would highly recommend Christ the King to anyone looking for a Catholic education.

Posted April 08, 2014
I truly believe Christ the King School is one of the top schools in Lexington. As a parent of three children who have attended over the course of 13 years I have been very pleased with the education each one has received. My children are at different levels academically from high achieving to needing some remediation. The needs of each have been met. My children who are now in high school are taking honors and AP courses. I really like the faith-based atmosphere at the school. Stewardship is a priority and the sacramental preparation program is amazing. Finally, the faculty and staff are among the top in Lexington. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and are welcome in the building throughout the day. CKS is an incredible value and a terrific investment. I strongly encourage families considering a faith-based education to visit the school

Posted April 08, 2014
Christ the King School is a wonderful elementary school. I have two children currently enrolled and their needs have been met both academically, emotionally, and spiritually by the wonderful staff and faculty. The families are wonderful and extremely supportive of the school and one another. It is an amazing community that I am proud to be a part of.

Posted March 22, 2014
The CKS education model they present upon arrival has a fantastic shell, it looks awesome and soooo grand but once you are in there and you see how things work and you give it a chance I truly have zero doubt you will not feel like everyone there! Disappointed. I have never seen such backstabbing negative derogatory comments about an institution in my entire life by people who attend there daily! It is a very toxic environment. We have 3 children and we chose to move to a school (TLS) with much smaller class sizes, a positive parent/teacher environment, and it is a breath of fresh air. Hard to move from our religious school that both my husband and myself grew up going to but things are different, things have changed, be very careful when choosing schools and education for your children.

Posted August 15, 2013
All of my family had always attended Sayre School but they chose to give me a catholic education. This "Catholic" education was probably the worst thing to happen to me. This school had 4 different math teachers while i was in middle school there. As a result my math has ben struggling ever since. The other subjects weren't very well rounded either. If I have a choice I am definitely sending my child to Sayre or The Lexington School.

Posted November 18, 2010
Lesadership wtihin the school, inlcuding some Church Leadership, is more concerned with style over substance. The Schools position on pressing matters has little to do with what is best for the student and more to do with what is in the inerest of the school. The one bright spot is the assistant principal who listens and provides feedback. The Principal is disconnected, stoic at best and is most interested in dealing with difficlut situations by hoping things /people will just go away.

Posted August 02, 2008
I went to Christ the King from Kindergarten through 8th grade and had a wonderful experience. The teachers are wonderful and truly care about their students.

Posted February 06, 2006
Christ the King is a fabulous school with wonderful teachers and a great reputation. Students enter high school fully prepared and committed to their academics thanks to what they learned at Christ the King.

Christ the King School
412 Cochran Road, Lexington, KY  40502
Last modified Christ the King School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8