Bad
Good

I am a former student of Ashland and i can say this is an amazing school. The teachers may be stict at time but they will always help you when you are in need they are willing to listen and comfort you in your time of need. I have learned a lot of things from the staff not just math,english ect. but things that will never leave me the importance of family because that is what you are in ashland you are a big family.

I've had two children at this school, one in the accelerated cluster program and the other in the regular school's program. Both have benefited greatly from being at Ashland. I volunteer there weekly, and I'm always welcomed, always greeted, and always utilized well by the staff. They make great efforts for all the students there and treat them like the individuals that they are. I would recommend this school for the GT program and for simply being a great school with a huge diversity of families and students attending.

Ashland is an exceptional school.. I am on my second child that is in attendance there... The teachers care about your child's education.. They keep in contact with you about your child.. I will recommend this school to any one who has an elementary student for a child.. They have great testing scores.. It is just an over all exceptional school.. Hats off to all who take part in the education at Ashland Elementary... A very pleased parent....

This school is the best kept secret in Lexington!!! I can not recommend sending your child(ren) to Ashland Elementary enough! We were accepted out of district and have been beyond thrilled with the arts program, amazing staff leadership from the top down and the nurturing small-school feel. The kids and families are from diverse backgrounds and everyone is taught team building skills and respect. We feel blessed to have been accepted into this amazing program and love the kids are exposed daily to all the arts including dance, drama, music, etc. The PTA is also well supported and very active towards researching opportunities that best fit Ashland's mission. The school integrates an in-depth study of the arts from studies in dance/drama, art, chorus, keyboarding, orchestra and band. An innovative and creative arts team weaves the arts into the curriculum on a five-day rotation as well as an additional hour on F.A.C.T. Friday (Fine Arts Cultural Tract). In addition, Ashland's five-day gifted program for grades 3-5 adds to fabric and diversity of Ashland.

This is a great school! Obviously one parent was upset because the scool does not bend to ever whim of a selfish parent that has no interest in the outcome of the education of ALL students! I personally know many of the staff members and they are a loving caring group of people. They treat all students as equals no one student is better then another. If your student is in the quest program and does something wrong they will be held just as responsible as a student that is not in the quest program. All children are taught respect at Ashland! This is something missing from many schools and homes in our country today!

I have two children at Ashland, one of whom is in the accelerated program, and I am very happy with it. I'm not sure what the previous parent meant when he/she said it doesn't give the accelerated program justice. If they mean the school is focused on making sure that every child grows and succeeds, as opposed to just the "gifted" kids, then I agree with that assessment. But my child in the gifted program was given great attention and wonderful, creative opportunities for learning, and she was definitely challenged academically. The only drawback I've seen is the lack of foreign language study at Ashland. The school has a wonderful, supportive learning environment for all students, the staff is tremendous and the leadership is inspiring. All kids deserve the opportunity to learn and grow and to explore their knowledge through creative outlets. Yes, gifted kids have special needs that must be addressed to keep them engaged and they move a lot faster, but I tell my children I don't care how "smart" you are -- what matters is how hard you work, how much you learned today and how you plan to use that learning tomorrow. And to respect the contributions of all people. Ashland gets that.

We went here for the accelerated program. The school does not seem to give this program justice. They seem to be focused more on the rest of the school. If you have the option for G&T program schools, Meadowthorpe seems to be a better choice.

the school creates an atmosphere that supports love of learning and creativity.

This school has the best culture and climate imaginable! We serve a diverse population and yet everyone works hard to meet the needs of all of our students, no matter what those needs may be. Ashland's teachers, paraprofessionals and administrators are hands down the best in the district, maybe the state!

The Faculty and staff work as a team to provide creative hands-on daily activities for our students. We treat 'our kids' as family rather than students. Each child is precious and deserves our care and attention.

Last modified Ashland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.