Bad
Good

Cassidy is an excellent school. The teachers care deeply and there is an over-abundance of parental involvement. Even as a working parent, there are many opportunities to be as involved as you wish. My daughter loves going to school and the focus is on children loving to learn. It is a wonderful neighborhood school.

Strong parent involvement, excellent teachers and great facilities are just a few of the things that make Cassidy a great school. Our daughter loves it!

There is a million Great things I can say about Cassidy Elementary. The front staff, while they might not remember your name they know what Child you belong to, which amazes me. They are big on parent involvement and encourage you to come to their school for lunch or plays or just to help out. I had two nieces (until I got my sister to switch schools) that went to another school in Lexington, that you had to give 24 hours notices just to go to lunch with them. Which made me a little wary. Cassidy always has an open door policy and I have never been made to feel that my questions or concerns weren't important to them. I know from experience that if a child is struggling they do everything that they can to bring them up to speed, my two nieces that came from a title one school, just started this year and they have a lot of teachers helping them. Without them feeling like they are being singled out. I feel very lucky to live in the Cassidy school district so that my kids can go there.

My son has always loved learning & Cassidy not only has met his needs to be challenged, but also maintained the enjoyment and fun learning can be for him as well as all the children there. The faculty and staff are outstanding in there dedication and investment in the succes of every child walking thru the halls & the cooperation & support of the students families for the school's success is amazing! I can't imagine feeling more secure that my child is in the right school & learning the best foundation for his education at any other school in Lexington (public or private) - I love this school!

We moved from Florida close to a year ago now and my son had a hard time catching up since the schools are so rotten down there. But his teacher and the principal here at Cassidy took such a personal interest in his well-being and education that he is now 1 point above grade-level! My son can read now and I'm so happy! I've tried phonics and all sorts of things at home, but I'm no teacher and I had no luck supplementing the shoddy education he received in Florida. Cassidy is a wonderful, wonderful school and each student is given individual attention. I wish he could go there forever and it's actually made us put off purchasing a house because we know that we can't afford any in that area and we'll have to move out of the city .

My child has attended Cassidy for this year, and she won't be going back. Communication between parents and teachers is 'iffy' at best, with the exception of class newsletters. While my child has made some progress at this school, she's miserable, and the progress she has made has been due to being taught at home. We'd rather move out of the area than send her back to Cassidy for next year.

Last modified Cassidy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.