Louisville, KY

Posted August 29, 2014
I graduated from St. Albert in 2010. I would like to start off by saying the faculty and teachers really want all students to succeed and there's truly good intentions behind everything they do That being said, the leadership at St. Albert is pathetic. The teachers are completely oblivious to some of the massive problems that exist at the school. They choose to ignore the problems and push their own agenda. The faculty treats the children horribly. They yell and scream at the top of their lungs at the children, and hand out detentions for breaking rules that don't really make any sense at all. I would like to touch on the huge bullying problem that has been brought up in several other comments. It's a big problem. It's real. Children are mocked and downright tortured by their peers while the faculty does nothing. Even filing a "bullying report form" does absolutely nothing. The bullies aren't punished or reprimanded at all. If you choose to send your child to this school, it will be the worst decision you will ever make. It's a very poorly run school. Im not just saying this because i'm mad at the school. I'm saying this so your children don't have to go through what I did.

Posted June 05, 2014
There are some wonderful things about this school, but the bullying problem starts with the vindictive principal. If you think she is kind you obviously have never had reason to challenge her. Do so and you will see her true colors. Principal is ineffective at best and should step down. Our jr. high children have suffered enough from her inability to hire and retain high quality or even qualified staff. I am sure this post will be removed, as have so many others that are as blatantly honest. I would like Great Schools respond to why the negative comments are removed, even when they meet the criteria?

Posted May 30, 2014
As a parent of multiple children at St. Albert, I have had many years of good and bad to reflect upon. When talking with non-StA parents it is clear that my children are a year, sometimes more, ahead of other programs and I love that. I do feel my children are being very well prepared for High School. And we have had teachers in almost every grade who have been truly amazing. But the current leadership has killed the learning experience with their inabilty to stand up for students. Bullying is out of control in multiple grades. And the leadership's response of "picking on multiple kids means it isn't a bullying issue" is a joke. A child who curses, threatens, and physically touches another child in an unwanted way should be dealt with swiftly and expelled if not resolved. As another person mentioned, lunch time is terrible, involved a short time to eat and lunch room monitors who SCREAM at the children because they have no control. And at the end of the day that is the issue. The teachers have no control over their class rooms, the administration has no control over the teachers or students, and well behaved kids pay the price.

St. Albert the Great School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
Every school has issues but communication is lacking from the school. The real issues are parents who think their son/daughter do no wrong, these are the same parents who complain but do not want to be involved at the school and complain about the school while others do all the work. We observe the same group of parents at every event and working events at the school. Parents stop complaining about the school be involved in the school and take responsibility for yourself/your child. The school can always do better but so can parents. The parents who are involved in the school have minor issues and agree the school can always strive to do better. This is still a Blue Ribbon School and Recognition from DUKE University TIP Program.

Posted May 05, 2014
It is funny how many of the negative comments have been removed from this site. There were many more 1 star reviews. This school has had troubles for many years. It was thought that after the current regime of parents that rule the school with favoritism moved on, thing should get better. Now looking at the latest reviews, the incoming classes have the same problems. Unfortunately, its a never ending cycle of incoming parents being groomed by the outgoing rulers. This school needs a new principal to hire quality teachers. The music/arts program should be dissolved as it is a waste of time. Bullying is still a big problem but nothing is done to the aggressor because of favoritism and fear of losing enrollment. Parent cliques are the worst I've ever seen, mostly due to sports and if you're not a part of it, you're not chosen to coach. The athletics need to be purged of all current coaches and an AD should be put in place that will actually enforce the motto of encouraging kids instead of breaking down their confidence starting at 3rd grade. Outside sports evaluators should be put in place for team selection and parents should not be allowed to coach any team that their kid is on.

St. Albert the Great School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
Clearly there are many, many people at this school who feel they are not being heard, but can we please call a truce on this site? All the hurtful words and negative comments are only making a bad situation worse. Certainly by now the administration has a better understanding that she needs to resolve some serious issues. Let's give her some time and space- and if you have more concerns please take them to the school or to the Pastor directly. We are community known for our generous spirit, we need to pull together and find a positive resolution to this problem. We are blessed with many gifts. Let's work to improve our weaknesses but also concentrate on our strengths. It is not too late to right this listing Viking ship.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am broken hearted as I follow these posts because I do love this school, but find it absolutely appalling that ALL posts regarding 2nd GRADE COMPLAINTS have been removed! Guess it's all about who your mother is . It is so so sad that parents in this school fear revenge on their families from faculty if they speak up about the quality of education they are receiving. Why can't the administration address the issues in a respectful and productive manner? Why are parents feeling bullied by the administration and certain staff members? It is not acceptable.

Posted April 29, 2014
How easy it would be to blame all of the school's problems on things outside its control, like FB/Instagram/Twitter. If only... But my children do NOT have access to such programs; yet we still encounter troubling issues with academics & bullying at St. Albert. Why should a parent have to hire a tutor after the principal makes a rushed decision and hires an unqualified math teacher? Of course, the principal offers to tutor for $40/hour - convenient. Why are children berated and belittled for asking questions? Why are children subjected to bullying and then told that perhaps they are too bossy and caused the problem to begin with? Why are some children allowed to physically harm others and then only be sent home for half a day for an early holiday? I applaud all of the extra curricular activities offered - there truly is something for everyone - but unfortunately that doesn't make up for the problems running rampant here. I pray and hope that the administration will take the concerns being raised (here and in person) seriously - stop placing blame elsewhere - it would be a tragedy to allow the school to decline further.

St. Albert the Great School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
We have been very pleased with the education at St. Albert the Great. As soon as we walked in the doors, we knew we were in the right place. Mrs.Cooper and staff have always been available and willing to listen. We have joined many groups, and met many wonderful families. I know my child is in a safe, loving environment during the school day.

Posted May 13, 2013
To address the parent who noted "lazy parents" you could not be further from the truth.I am a very involved parent who has several schools outside of Louisville to compare to this school. It is horrible.My children are natural leaders and confident. That changed after attending St. Albert the Great. I did note that most of the positives are from years ago. When Fr. Don was at the school it was excellent. Since Fr. Wayne Jenkins has taken over along with a timid and naive principal - Bernadette Cooper, this school is sadly being driven into the ground. It is really sad. The office staff is unbelievably rude.When we moved here, I could not believe that parents had to be "chosen" to be a chaperone on a field trip!How hilarious is that? Guess what? It's always the same parents, so don't get your hopes up if you want to spend some QT with your child.To the parent who has 3 kids who graduated from St. Albert and are now in college...if they spell college the way you did, you perfectly illustrated my point! St. Albert can be characterized in one word - lazy.They take total advantage of the poor quality of the public schools, while they are an equally disgraceful alternative.

St. Albert the Great School
1395 Girard Drive, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top