PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

This is a challenge at all levels of society, with that said, I feel that St. Albert the Great is working to address issues as they arise.

Supports LD students: Agree

I don't currently have this need, but I am aware of examples where St. Albert has effectively supported this.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

We have a strong School Board, an active Priest and a willing school administration to work with everyone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Faith is a key cornerstone of this Parish School.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I feel that the Teacher's care and are accessible when I need to engage them regarding my child's needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework assignments are typically placed on Rediker which allows them to be accessed on multiple devices.

As with most things in life, you truly get out of St. Albert the Great Parish School, what you put in. I have two (2) children currently enrolled at St Albert, kindergarten and 5th grade. They both love the school and their Teachers. Additionally, they both also love the extra-curricular activities that are offered – both athletic and academic. My youngest still smiles about his first team sports experience on the kindergarten soccer team. (We had great volunteer coaches) Now, none of this means that there are not challenges that come up periodically; however, one thing that I never have to question is the fact that “everyone” that we have come in contact with wants my children to be successful. I would recommend St. Albert the Great Parish School to anyone that is looking “to prepare their children to be socially responsible people with strong Catholic beliefs, practices, traditions and values.” Which just happens to be the first statement in our school's mission statement.

They call this school St. Albert the Great. But, really it is St. Albert the Terrible. The teachers have no control of thier class or just don't care about the class they are teaching. There are also so called teachers who know nothing about the subject they teach. Then there is the principal who is weak and ineffective. The people who really control the school are stay at home moms. This is just the beginning of the problems with this. There is also a massive bullying problem that has never been adressed. That is the first of the many unaddressed problems within the school. But, if I write about all of them it this would turn into a 30 page essay. So, finally I leave you with this if you love or want your childern to succeed don't send them here.

I would like to start out by saying that this school has its pros and cons. The students are well prepared for higher grades and the teachers really do care whether their students do well or not. But, there are quite a few more downsides. I have been a student at St. Albert the Great for my whole school career and I am about to finish my 8th grade year. Throughout my school career, I have taken note of some issues that I feel need to be addressed. As other reviews have said, there is no shortage of bullying at this school. A few of my fellow students have told me that they are made fun of on a daily basis and see no future of these actions coming to a halt. The faculty don't seem to notice any of these instinces happening. They also do not notice many of the rowdy students many inappropriate comments and gesturea toward other students. Some of us students believe that the teachers hear these rowdy students cursing and making lude gestures, they just simply do not care. On to the pricipal. The principal at St. Albert is lacking in almost everything a principal needs. She does not provide proper punishment for the repeat offenders of the detention room. She has no power over 90% of the students, and neither does the faculty. I have witnessed many occurrences in my school career of the faculty members shouting at students for making small mistakes. In my own opinion, the administration at this school cares more about making rules than actually inforcing those rules. I will conclude by saying this, the teachers and faculty at this school may rope you in with their fake smiles and their blind promises of helping your child succeed, but under all that, they just want a paycheck and have no real regard for the mental and physical well-being of their students.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The administration does nothing about recorded cases of bullying. The counselor is sweet and caring, but overall noneffective. The counselor really doesn't help with any matters and the students can't tell her anything of major proportions (such as suicidal thoughts or actions) because the students know that she won't be able to help them

Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8