Louisville, KY

St. Albert the Great School 5

Posted May 18, 2015
We started our daughter in Kindergarten and she will now be a fourth grader in the 2015-16 school year. We have loved every family along the way and all our teachers have been top notch. She has scored above the archdiocese average in Terra Nova testing scores and in her grade in particular has some of the top scores. I have read some not so favorable reviews on here and I am puzzled. I know that you can find issues in any environment and I can honestly say we have not experienced any of them. The staff is so caring and any issue or concern we have ever had we have been pleeasd with the process. I wanted to share my experience to anyone reading these reviews. Our experience has been extremely positive and I can say with certainty that every parent I have encountered in my daughter's grade (and we are very active parents at the school and Parrish) feel the same. What makes St. Albert different is the community of parents and teachers and staff and the willingness to do whatever it takes to excel. I would not want my daughter anywhere else and we are excited for our youngest to start in a few years. St. Albert is GREAT! Come see for yourself!

St. Albert the Great School 5

Posted May 02, 2015
We have been very pleased with St.Albert. Our two children enjoy going to school there, have had wonderful, caring teachers, and the kids are excelling in many ways. I have never had any issues with teachers, administration, other parents, or students. I feel St. Albert has a very inviting, family feel. I know my children are growing both academically and spiritually. Although I've never had any complaints about the upper grade teachers, I think the recent hires have been a great addition to the school. The new art teacher is fabulous too. I love the small class sizes, approachable teachers, strong PTO, and the fact that students continue to excel in academics and extracurricular activities/sports.

Posted April 29, 2015
St. Albert the great is a wonderful school with a strong community. My kids have had such a great year and we are so thankful for the hard work of everyone at St Albert. The academics are strong and getting stronger with each new hire. Our extra curricular activities have expanded letting more children try new things. The future is looking bright at St Albert the Great!

Posted April 21, 2015
When we moved to Louisville we chose to become members of St. Albert the Great. We have thoroughly enjoyed the community which welcomed us. We have become active in many facets of the community and have formed some strong friendships with fellow parents. We have even taken numerous family vacations with St. Albert families. We currently have two kids in St. Albert and are pleased with the academic, athletic and social sides of St. Albert. We feel that the education they are receiving is superior to many of the schools in our area. We also feel the bus is helpful as it saves us time and money. We have had two of our children graduate from St. Albert and they are doing excellent in high school. They were well prepared academically and entered high school with a nice, solid set of friends that have served as a basis for a great network of old and new friends through high school. We would recommend St. Albert as a community as well as a school.

Posted August 29, 2014
I graduated from St. Albert in 2010. I would like to start off by saying the faculty and teachers really want all students to succeed and there's truly good intentions behind everything they do That being said, the leadership at St. Albert is pathetic. The teachers are completely oblivious to some of the massive problems that exist at the school. They choose to ignore the problems and push their own agenda. The faculty treats the children horribly. They yell and scream at the top of their lungs at the children, and hand out detentions for breaking rules that don't really make any sense at all. I would like to touch on the huge bullying problem that has been brought up in several other comments. It's a big problem. It's real. Children are mocked and downright tortured by their peers while the faculty does nothing. Even filing a "bullying report form" does absolutely nothing. The bullies aren't punished or reprimanded at all. If you choose to send your child to this school, it will be the worst decision you will ever make. It's a very poorly run school. Im not just saying this because i'm mad at the school. I'm saying this so your children don't have to go through what I did.

Posted June 05, 2014
There are some wonderful things about this school, but the bullying problem starts with the vindictive principal. If you think she is kind you obviously have never had reason to challenge her. Do so and you will see her true colors. Principal is ineffective at best and should step down. Our jr. high children have suffered enough from her inability to hire and retain high quality or even qualified staff. I am sure this post will be removed, as have so many others that are as blatantly honest. I would like Great Schools respond to why the negative comments are removed, even when they meet the criteria?

St. Albert the Great School 2

Posted May 30, 2014
As a parent of multiple children at St. Albert, I have had many years of good and bad to reflect upon. When talking with non-StA parents it is clear that my children are a year, sometimes more, ahead of other programs and I love that. I do feel my children are being very well prepared for High School. And we have had teachers in almost every grade who have been truly amazing. But the current leadership has killed the learning experience with their inabilty to stand up for students. Bullying is out of control in multiple grades. And the leadership's response of "picking on multiple kids means it isn't a bullying issue" is a joke. A child who curses, threatens, and physically touches another child in an unwanted way should be dealt with swiftly and expelled if not resolved. As another person mentioned, lunch time is terrible, involved a short time to eat and lunch room monitors who SCREAM at the children because they have no control. And at the end of the day that is the issue. The teachers have no control over their class rooms, the administration has no control over the teachers or students, and well behaved kids pay the price.

Posted May 23, 2014
Every school has issues but communication is lacking from the school. The real issues are parents who think their son/daughter do no wrong, these are the same parents who complain but do not want to be involved at the school and complain about the school while others do all the work. We observe the same group of parents at every event and working events at the school. Parents stop complaining about the school be involved in the school and take responsibility for yourself/your child. The school can always do better but so can parents. The parents who are involved in the school have minor issues and agree the school can always strive to do better. This is still a Blue Ribbon School and Recognition from DUKE University TIP Program.

Posted May 05, 2014
It is funny how many of the negative comments have been removed from this site. There were many more 1 star reviews. This school has had troubles for many years. It was thought that after the current regime of parents that rule the school with favoritism moved on, thing should get better. Now looking at the latest reviews, the incoming classes have the same problems. Unfortunately, its a never ending cycle of incoming parents being groomed by the outgoing rulers. This school needs a new principal to hire quality teachers. The music/arts program should be dissolved as it is a waste of time. Bullying is still a big problem but nothing is done to the aggressor because of favoritism and fear of losing enrollment. Parent cliques are the worst I've ever seen, mostly due to sports and if you're not a part of it, you're not chosen to coach. The athletics need to be purged of all current coaches and an AD should be put in place that will actually enforce the motto of encouraging kids instead of breaking down their confidence starting at 3rd grade. Outside sports evaluators should be put in place for team selection and parents should not be allowed to coach any team that their kid is on.

St. Albert the Great School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
Clearly there are many, many people at this school who feel they are not being heard, but can we please call a truce on this site? All the hurtful words and negative comments are only making a bad situation worse. Certainly by now the administration has a better understanding that she needs to resolve some serious issues. Let's give her some time and space- and if you have more concerns please take them to the school or to the Pastor directly. We are community known for our generous spirit, we need to pull together and find a positive resolution to this problem. We are blessed with many gifts. Let's work to improve our weaknesses but also concentrate on our strengths. It is not too late to right this listing Viking ship.

St. Albert the Great School
1395 Girard Drive, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified St. Albert the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Albert the Great School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top